1. If you planned on grabbing coffee, pick up coffee for both of you on the way to meet her.
You know what she was going to order anyway, plus this way you're both sufficiently caffeinated for what will obviously be an incredibly fun day.
2. Bring snacks to her place whenever you come over.
This is such a simple gesture but it is ridiculously classy and also super-sweet. Take a moment and imagine your best friend doing this for you. You'd look at her like she was the Beyoncé of hangouts and she basically is.
3. Send her a Spotify playlist of your favorite songs when she's having a crappy day.
It'll be pretty hard for her to continue beating herself up for forgetting to do something important for her boss when she's listening to "Party in the U.S.A." and thinking about how you guys used to listen to that song before going out and getting pleasantly ~*fucked up*~.
4. Call her at work and leave her goofy messages just because.
My best friend could tell you that every single message I leave for him includes a weird song I made up on the spot about how he's not picking up his phone because he's probably in the jungle eating Fritos. I'm incredibly weird to be friends with but, like, in a cool way.
5. Invite her over when you clean out your closet so she can claim any of her favorite pieces before you donate them. I'm not gonna lie.
There's nothing I hate more than hearing a friend with a sick wardrobe say they just donated a ton of clothes because I'm like, "Uh, hello? Remember me? The person with your same clothing size and an interest in stealing your stuff but not stealing it, because you're giving it away anyway?"
6. Let her pick the restaurant next time you meet up.
You know she has amazing taste in things anyway, so why not let her take you to a Korean BBQ place that's so adorable and fantastic you'll spend the rest of your lives talking how good it was.
7. Sneakily tell the waiter it's her birthday and order her favorite dessert.
So not only does she get cake, she also gets an embarrassing rendition of "happy birthday" sung to her by a bunch of hot waiters. I'm applauding right now; you just can't see it because you don't live in my office.
8. Write her real letters on paper with a pen.
I know this is going to sound weird but this is an actual thing that exists and that you should do. They're not as disposable as texts (though I do screencap the shit out of those when they're particularly hilarious), and you can even use pretty stationary. I firmly believe that everyone loves getting paper mail and it will never go out of style.
9. Send her screenshots of funny things you've texted to each other that you obviously saved.
Who doesn't want to relive that moment when the guy bagging your groceries didn't make eye contact with you at all and just kept singing Lionel Richie songs to himself (true story)?
10. Buy her favorite snack when you're grocery shopping so you have it in your apartment for her.
This way, even if she shows up and surprises you or swings by after work, you have so many Double Stuf Oreos it's hilarious (and yes, those are the best Oreos. I'm allergic to a bunch of their ingredients, but even I know I'm right on this one.)
11. Shoot her a text just to let her know you're thinking of her.
Especially if she's been stressed about something but also just 'cause. Who doesn't love hearing that someone is thinking of them? That's, like, my favorite text to get.
12. Send her a bottle of wine on especially bad days.
Help her feel better in a classy, yet alcoholic way. That should be a slogan for something. Probably wine.
13. If you see something that you think she'd like, get it for her.
Even if it's not her birthday or Christmas or some kind of gift-giving occasion. Life is short and this is legit your favorite person on the planet. You guys should be giving each other puppies and candy all day long! OK, maybe not all day long because puppies are a serious commitment and you live in a tiny-ass apartment.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.