1. Your coworkers are always surprised to hear how old you are.
When you say you're 23, everyone is shocked to hear you're not 27. And it's not because you have a few extra wrinkles around your eyes. You're just easily able to limit your emoji use to your friends on Gchat and always take calls with your friends ("Omigod Stacy, like, I cannot believe her.") in the private meeting room.
2. You have close friends who are five to 10 years older than you.
Whenever you stress about your life, they remind you that when they were your age, they didn't have their shit nearly as together as you.
3. You have a reputation for keeping yourself under control at all times, particularly when alcohol is around.
You are pretty sure you have never vomited publicly, outside, or in a moving vehicle. When you tell people this, they react in shock.
4. No one can ever remember how old you are. The friends of your older friends always add at least four years to your age. "You're how old? Twenty-eight?" "No, I'm 24." "What?!" "We have this conversation each of the five times out of the year we see each other."
5. Your best friend's dad still thinks you're a few years older than her, even though you grew up together.
6. You can hang out with your mom's friends without her and not feel awkward.
7. You overdress for every occasion of even remote importance. Be it meeting your friend or boyfriend's parents or going to work. You would never show up even remotely too casually attired for anything remotely important. Throwing your wet hair in a bun and going anywhere other than home from the gym is not in your dressing vocabulary.
8. You can give advice to anyone because you are wise beyond your years. You're not married, but can advise your friends about their weddings. You're not even in a relationship but can advise your friends about their boyfriends or husbands. Because you've been around the block enough times to know that every bridesmaid would really appreciate not having to buy That Dress and if he hates that one couch, just buy a different couch and he will survive.
9. You usually date people who are a few years older than you.
When you meet their friends, they can't believe you're younger than them.
10. Your friends ask you about things like health insurance and retirement accounts. When you hear your friends don't have health insurance, you scold them and order them to sign up on their phones right this second.
11. You're fine with being the DD (That's Designated Driver, btw). You know what it's like to be drunk. If your friends need you to drive their drunk asses around for a night, whatever—better safe than sorry and your mom would be proud.
12. When your friends are telling "I can't believe how drunk I got last night" stories at brunch on Saturday, you're basking in your productivity. You went to bed early, got up, went to the gym, hit the grocery store, and finally returned that sweater that's been lying around your apartment for a week.
13. You don't feel the need to buy every new trend because you have a style and you're sticking to it.
Just because everyone's got a fringed bag or a gladiator sandal, that doesn't mean you have to run to Forever 21 and buy it right away. You remain so glad you never jumped on the wedge sneaker bandwagon.
14. You don't booty call old flames at 2 a.m. when you're at da club. Not just because you seldom frequent da club unless one of your friends is holding a going-away party there (and why) but because you know there is just no point.
15. You don't feel the need to talk about yourself unless people ask about you. You're past the point of needing to seek other people's approval every chance you get because you realize most people except your boyfriend and your mom don't care that much about the minutiae of your day-to-day life and you're fine with that.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.