1. Everyone automatically assumes it must suck. "When's your birthday?" "Christmas Eve." "No way?! That's shit."
2. Oh, and then they ask the classic "Do you get fewer presents?" question. Yep, we usually do and YEP, people usually spend most of our birthday talking about Christmas. NEXT.
3.We've learned to accept joint/combined presents now. We know everyone is cheap and has a million things going on in December, and we do accept that, but it's a bit annoying considering everyone else gets two presents throughout the year.
4. To add insult to injury, the combined present is often wrapped in Christmas paper.
5. Thinking of present ideas when people ask is quite hard because everything we've wanted or needed throughout the year we've either forgotten about or bought for ourselves.
6. You have to give other people presents too. It's a sad fact, but we just have to accept that our birthday isn't all about us—which sounds silly BUT EVERYONE ELSE'S IS ABOUT THEM.
7. Plus, all your friends are busy doing fun family stuff and it's virtually impossible to get ANYONE (literally anyone) to do anything with you on your actual birthday because of #FamilyTime and that.
8. So instead they'll just send you a "Happy Birthday/Christmas card." It just doesn't look right and this is something we will never be on board with.
9. Or even worse, a "Happy Birthday/Christmas text." #TheWorst
10. In fact, sometimes they'll even forget about your birthday altogether. *Sigh.*
11. But it's OK, because you'll probably be too drunk on wine to even notice.
12. Although annoyingly being hungover the day after our birthday (like everyone else allowed to be, might we add) is frowned upon a bit BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS.
13. Even worse, no one gives you pity for your hangover or even bothers to be quiet because it's Christmas Day and they're overexcited. We'd be overexcited too, if we didn't have the hangover from hell.
14. That being said, on your actual birthday, your family will probably try really hard to make sure you're enjoying yourself because they know how important it is to you.
15. And despite the festive spirit sometimes dampening your birthday vibes, everyone is really happy...
16. Because it's CHRISTMAS.
17. And even with the downfalls of a Christmas birthday, it is the most wonderful time of the year. YAAAAS FOR THE 24TH AND THE 25TH OF DECEMBER.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.