While it's tempting to give unsolicited advice to a new mom, it may sometimes do more harm than good. A first-time mother is adjusting to an unfamiliar lifestyle, so cut her some slack. Her mind is probably filled with thoughts of keeping her baby safe and healthy. Show a little sensitivity by avoiding these comments.
1. "Your baby super looks like your husband, and not you." Maybe because he's the father.
2. "Oh, don't do that. This is how I do it!" While you may have good intentions, the way you speak to her implies that you know better. If you do mean well, choose your words and tone.
3. "I can handle this." Oh, so you're the baby's superhero?
4. "You're not breastfeeding? Why?! Try harder!!!" Don't you think she wants to breastfeed her child? It's not as if she wants him or her to starve!
5. "You're so lucky to stay home all day." Yeah, it's almost like a vacation, but she has to be on call 24/7 without pay.
Read full article on femalenetwork.com!