1. Your mom and dad have imposed an unreasonable curfew.
They say it’s because you enjoy partying too much and stealing the night away with your barkada. The saddest part about all of this: you’re nearing your thirties!
2. The dog gets treated better than you do.
Reality check! It’s probably because the parental units are sick of having another adult, aka you, in the house.
3. Everyone in your squad has fled the nest in pursuit of a place of their own.
And you’re still on your family’s couch every night, watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix until the wee hours of the morning. Find an affordable place to rent so you can get the ball rolling.
4. Your younger sister doesn’t even live at home anymore.
Don’t be too hard on yourself. She always was the more efficient, responsible, and evolved of your siblings.
5. Commuting to work on a daily basis is too taxing.
And if you bring the family car, parking just eats up your salary. The secret to a healthy work-life balance that no one ever talks about: close proximity to the office.
6. Household chores are becoming a burden.
Hey, if you don’t want to wash the dishes, mop the floor, or scrub the toilet, sure, you can be a louse. In your own home.
7. Sneaking around with the bae when he comes over is just too complicated at your age.
Yes, it can be exciting to fool around with your boyfriend under the roof of your parents’ house, but if you guys are caught, it can also be embarrassing AF! Having your own place means you get to make your own rules—boyfriend sleepovers, included!