UPDATE: 9 December 2019: Miss Universe 2019 Zozibini Tunzi will be the first to wear the new Mouawad Power of Unity Crown, valued at $5 million and containing a total of 1,770 diamonds.
Zozibini's prize package will also most likely include several of the same items as Catriona's (a year-long salary, an NYC apartment for the duration of her reign, etc.), however the difference would be in the products and services provided by this year's sponsors: Chi Haircare, Olivia Quido Skin Care, OP Makeup, and Sherri Hill.
Our very own Catriona Gray won Miss Universe in 2018, and it's one of the most prestigious titles you can hold in the pageantry world. The fight is long and hard, but once a queen is crowned, she's showered with a lot of perks.
Continue reading below ↓
In 2017, South Africa's Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters was the winner and according to the Miss Universe website, this is what she won:
- A year-long salary as Miss Universe
- Luxury accommodations in a New York City apartment for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- A one-year supply of haircare products and tools from Farouk Systems, the makers of CHI Haircare
- A shoe wardrobe from Chinese Laundry Shoes & Accessories
- Personal services including membership to Gravity Fitness @ Le Parker Meridien Hotel and hair services from John Barrett Salon
- A modeling portfolio by leading fashion photographers
- Dermatology and skincare services
- A professional health and nutrition consultation
- Dental services
- Professional representation by The Miss Universe Organization
- Extensive travel representing sponsors and charitable partners
- Access to various events including casting opportunities, movie premiers, screenings, Broadway shows, and launch parties
- And personal appearance wardrobe and styling by the official Miss Universe Organization fashion stylist.
We wonder what kind of prizes await Catriona! Stay tuned for updates.
Follow Ysa on Instagram.
READ MORE STORIES ON MISS UNIVERSE 2018 HERE:
Clint Bondad To Catriona Gray: 'You have the whole arena behind you'
Catriona Gray Hits 1 Million Instagram Followers Before Miss Universe Finals
People Are Spoofing Catriona Gray's Miss Universe Moments And We're All Here For It
Catriona Gray And Pia Wurtzbach Are Asking For Support To Win The Miss Universe Crown
Tyra Banks Approves Of Catriona Gray's Slo-Mo Twirl At The Miss Universe Prelims
Filipino Gowns On Display At Miss Universe 2018 Preliminaries
LOL At Maris Racal + Inigo Pascual Copying Catriona Gray's 'Slo-Mo Turn' At The Miss U Prelims
A Guide To All The Miss Universe Philippines *Signature* Walks
Here Are The Design Sketches Of Catriona Gray's Miss U 2018 Gowns
A Thai Princess Designed Catriona Gray's Pink Swimsuit At The Miss U 2018 Preliminaries!
Catriona Gray Explains How She Did That 'Slo-Mo Turn'
We Love How Catriona Gray Wore Patriotic Ear Jewelry Again!
The Most Epic Twitter Reactions To Catriona Gray's 'Slow-Mo Turn' At The Miss Universe Prelims
You Have To Read The Story Behind Catriona Gray's Ibong Adarna-Inspired Gown
We Can't Get Over Catriona Gray's Jaw-Dropping Miss Universe Preliminary Competition Performance
OMG, Catriona Gray's Preliminary Interview Outfit Is Stunning
For The First Time Ever, Miss Universe Will Have An All-Female Panel Of Judges!
The Internet Can't Get Over These Details From Catriona Gray's National Costume
You Have To See Catriona Gray's National Costume For Miss Universe 2018!
Miss Universe Japan Will Dress Up As Sailor Moon For Her National Costume
This Is How Much Miss Universe Tickets Cost, In Case You Were Wondering
Check Out The National Costumes Of The Miss Universe 2018 Candidates