Whether you’ve decided to be with your loved ones on the 25th or you’re planning to spend the holiday with just your lovely self, Christmas will (continue to) hit differently this year. ::shakes fist at 2020 and 2021::
Even though the sparkle may not shine quite as bright, we gotta tap back into that warm and fuzzy holiday magic!! And we do this by…scrolling Instagram, what else? No, really, that’s not a rhetorical question.
We hold zero judgment for those who wanna check their feed on this special day. It's cute to see how everyone you know is celebrating. Plus don't you love to spread a little extra holiday cheer in the comments? Call it a modern tradition that connects us all, during a time when everybody has to stay distanced (curse you Omicron...).
So relish in your selfies and take all the pictures you can. And when it's time to post, we're here to help out just a bit. Do you need the perfect caption for your post of the fam in matching pajamas? Struggling to zero in on something witty for a great #TBT to better Christmases? Can’t figure out what to write for when you finally catch Santa on camera eating the cookies you left out for yourself?!?! We have got it all covered my dear. Consider us your holiday Instagram elves.
So read on for 100+ Christmas captions that are perfect for the most wonderful time of the year, and remember who to thank when the Likes start pouring in.
IF YOU’RE SHOWING OFF A FESTIVE ’FIT
- Reminder: I am a gift.
- Sleigh me.
- I like big bows and I cannot lie.
- The snuggle is real.
- Blair Waldorf wishes.
- ’Tis the season to sparkle.
- Oh, this? Santa bought it for me.
- Made of 100 percent tinsel.
- Just chillin’.
- My invite to Kris’s Christmas Eve party got lost in the mail.
- A look for every occasion.
IF YOU’RE A COMEDIAN
- My favorite color is Christmas lights.
- I’m only a morning person on December 25.
- We’re all a bunch of candy canes: sweet and slightly twisted.
- I hope Rudolph eats the naughty list.
- Dear Santa, is it too late now to say sorry?
- Feelin’ frosty.
- Happy Mariah Carey Day!
- The only day of the year I’m a morning person.
- Did we ever consider that maybe hot chocolate wants to be called beautiful chocolate?
- Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.
- What happens under the mistletoe stays under the mistletoe.
- The tree isn’t the only thing getting lit this year.
- Define “nice.”
- Consider this photo my Christmas card to you all.
- What did one ornament say to another? “I like hanging with you.”
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, but if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.
- Relationship status: single and ready to jingle.
- Christmas cheer? I thought you said Christmas beer….
- All I want for Christmas is you food.
- To-do list: Eat, drink, be merry, nap.
IF YOU’RE A PUN QUEEN
- Your presents is requested.
- Make it rein.
- But first, let me take an elfie.
- All the jingle ladies.
- No laws when you’re drinking for Mr. Claus.
- I’m dreaming of a wine Christmas.
- Sleigh all day.
- Go elf yourself.
- Sleighing the game.
- All spruced up.
- Resting Grinch face.
- Sleigh my name, sleigh my name.
- I’m Claus-trophobic.
- Say it ain’t snow.
- Elfie time.
- Have your (s)elf a merry little Christmas.
- Up to snow good.
- Me every day: slay. Me in December: sleigh.
IF YOU LOVE QUOTES
- “If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaky feeling you’ll find that love is actually all around.” —Love Actually
- “Santa’s coming? I KNOW HIM!” —Elf
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!” —Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- “Do you want to build a snowman?” —Frozen
- “I realized that Christmas is a time to be with people you love.” —Love Actually
- “Christmas isn’t just a day—it’s a frame of mind.” —Miracle on 34th Street
- “Look, Charlie, let’s face it. We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know.” —A Charlie Brown Christmas
- “I smell snow.” —Lorelai Gilmore
- “First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we’ll snuggle.” —Elf
- “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.” —The Grinch
- “It’s Christmas Eve. It’s the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we are the people that we always hoped we would be.” —Scrooged
- “That’s what Christmas memories are made from. They’re not planned, they’re not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry. They just happen.” —Deck the Halls
- “The Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. Maybe Christmas, he thought…doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps…means a little bit more.” —How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.” —The Polar Express
IF YOU BROUGHT YOUR BOO HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS
- If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.
- We’ve got chemis-tree.
- Meet me under the mistletoe.
- I love you snow much.
- The holly to my jolly.
- It was love at frost sight.
- Sweater weather is better when we’re together.
- Blame it on the mistletoe.
- A December to remember.
- The nut to my cracker.
- I only have ice for you.
- Some people are worth melting for.
- On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me….
- Love the giver more than the gift.
IF YOU’RE BONDING WITH YOUR FAM
- ’Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, everyone was scrolling through Insta.
- Being related to me is their gift this year.
- There’s snow place like home.
- The reason for the season.
- Dear Santa, we can explain….
- Ho, ho, home for Christmas.
- ’Tis the season for matching pajamas.
- VIP naughty list members.
- Happy holidays from Santa’s favorite elves.
- My presence is the present. You’re welcome.
- Keep calm and keep the cocktails flowing.
- A family like you makes the season bright.
IF YOU’RE MUSICAL
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- I don’t want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need.
- All I want for Christmas is you.
- Let it snow.
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- Baby, it’s cold outside.
- Hurry down the chimney tonight.
- There’s no place like home for the holidays.
- The feeling’s here that only comes this time of year.
- Simply having a wonderful Christmas time.
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.
- Santa Claus is coming to town.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.