1. All of their texts begin with "SORRY!"
Whether they're running late or "just seeing this now," their texts to you are filled with so many apologies that they've lost all meaning. After a certain point, it doesn't seem like they're even trying to be better.
2. When making plans, they want to do things more convenient for them than for you.
Sure, they'll still turn up for and invite you to brunch, but it's always at their favorite restaurant that's just 10 minutes from their apartment. Never mind that you have to take two buses plus a 20-minute walk to get there.
3. They only seem to have time for you when their other plans fall through.
If you get a 11:30 p.m. "Wanna hang??" text after they had been bragging all week about a concert that night, it might seem like a nice gesture, but you know it's a friendship booty-call.
4. When you need help, they still make the conversation about themselves.
Somehow, your problems miraculously remind them of a similar thing they're going through, so you end up talking about that for an hour. Meanwhile, your problem sits there unresolved.
5. If you've discovered something cool, they immediately tell everyone they knew about it first.
How many times have you heard this? "Now that you've explained it, I remember. I totally watched that TV show a few weeks ago."
6. They have a big double standard when it comes to dating.
The moment you start dating someone, they'll make sure to remind you that it's sisters before misters, but when they start dating someone? Sayonara.
7. There's a whole lot more blue than gray in your iMessages.
Sometimes your many texts go unanswered, and sometimes you're the only one who has things to say. Either way, they're barely engaging, and it's not cool.
8. You have to keep reminding them to pay you back for things.
You've covered drinks, dinner, even tickets, and you need that money ASAP. No matter what, they adamantly ignore your reminders, insisting that it will all "even out."
9. They're not responding to your texts... but they're tweeting about how bored they are.
What do they mean they're #bored? You invited them over with the promise of pizza and Netflix an hour ago!
10. When you finally do hang out, they spend most of their time on the phone.
How fascinating could Snapchat really be?! It could not be more clear that they wish they were talking to someone else, because they are literally talking to someone else while you're trying to chat.
11. They "jokingly" bully you on social media.
Embarrassing drunk photos should never see the light of day, let alone be uploaded to Facebook where you're friends with your grandparents and your boss.
12. You want to talk about these things, but they always dodge the convo.
If you bring up your issues with the friendship, they have no idea what you're talking about and quickly change the subject before you can say what you're really thinking.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.