1. When your stomach starts growling like whoa but it's not even noon.
You ate the lunch you packed at 10:45 a.m., and it's not lunch, it's second breakfast.
2. Wanting to shoot off this one quick email before lunch, but 45 minutes later, you're still sitting at your desk S-T-A-R-V-I-N-G.
Literally on the edge of death right now.
3. When someone stops you on your way out to get lunch.
It doesn't really matter if it's your boss doling out a sweet promotion or the CEO announcing the company's demise. It can't possibly be more important than feeding yourself right now because noon/lunch/BYE.
4. Getting a meeting invite for the exact time you eat lunch every single day.
You want to meet at 12:35? Really? Oops, sorry, I have a Very Important conflicting appointment with a salad.
5. Craving absolutely anything besides the lunch you buy every other day—but totally ending up at your go-to lutong bahay spot anyway.
The only thing worse than forcing down another spoon of monggo is trying a new place that makes you wait forever for your food—or walking one extra block to get there.
6. When your work fridge smells like ass.
WHAT DIED IN HERE AND WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?! Yes, you can leave now and take your vile month-old leftovers with you.
7. Dying of thirst because the water dispenser is so far away.
Too far to hydrate.
8. Feeling like a ~queen~ for packing lunch—you're saving so much money!—until you realize your sandwich is soggy AF.
Whoever said food makes you happy has never eaten this sad excuse for a sandwich.
9. Eating such a healthy lunch—but then your coworker unveils her famous brownies.
And you're not going to not eat one, because who knows when she'll make them again?
10. Packing last night's leftovers for lunch—and accidentally feeding them to the inside of your bag.
#TupperwareFail. In related news, your bag will smell like pinakbet always and forever. Can't be too bad, eh?
11. When the yogurt you stashed this morning mysteriously disappears from the communal fridge.
And just like that, you start leaving
passive aggressive overtly aggressive Post-its in the pantry.
12. Forgetting how strong garlic smells until your leftover pasta comes out of the office microwave.
Even more unfortunate: Everything that comes out of that microwave for the foreseeable future will also reek of garlic.
13. When your coworker gets a burger and fries for lunch.
If there were a code red for food envy, the sight of crisp, golden fries would set it off. You get one look of the smartest decision Danica has made all month, and absolutely anything else you eat for lunch will pale in comparison.
14. Realizing your lunch order is just P50 short of the minimum for delivery.
Now you have to order dumplings for two or actually leave your desk to pick up lunch.
15. Desperately trying not to breathe during your meeting because your breath reeks so badly of onions.
And your hair smells of the shady cafeteria downstairs.
16. Making a cup of office coffee before you realize the office milk has gone very bad.
Now you're stuck with black coffee and a tough decision: Try not to gag as you pour the chunky milk down the drain, or quickly close the fridge door and retreat from the pantry, pretending you saw and smelled nothing.
17. Finding the world's most disgusting collection of crumbs in your keyboard.
This is where they will live until the day you die or quit because you're never getting them out of there—not possible.
18. Realizing you've had a massive piece of meat stuck between your teeth—ALL DAY.
Don't make me list all the evil people who obviously saw said meat and said absolutely nothing.
19. Not wanting to go to the gym after work on an empty stomach—or a full one.
You ate lunch six hours ago, so there's a prettty good chance your growling stomach will drown out the spinning instructor's voice if you don't eat something beforehand. But you're also pretty sure you'll vom all over your bike if you fill up before class. Now what?
20. Waiting so stupidly long to wash your breakfast bowl that you end up spending more time scrubbing it than you spent eating from it.
The dried cereal crust stuck to the bottom of the bowl doesn't clean itself.
21. Cringing every time your nearest coworker opens a bag of chips because you know he's going to chew disgustingly loud.
But also kind of wanting him to offer you a few Piattos. Pretty, pretty please?
22. Being SO. FREAKING. HUNGRY at the end of the day but wanting to save yourself for a really delicious dinner reservation.
If second lunch happens now, it will totally ruin dinner. But also starvation, so does anyone have any chocolate they want to share RN?
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.