It seems to us like the characters in Hospital Playlist are always eating, and we really want to try those egg sandwiches bb Uju (Kim Joon) loved so much in the show! These are from the Korean brand Egg Drop, where Ik Jun (Jo Jung Suk) and Uju loved to eat for some father-son bonding time. Unfortunately, Egg Drop doesn't have branches in the PH, but we found a workaround. Here's how you can make your very own version of the sandwich at home, according to YouTube channel Nom Nom Nom:
- 1 piece thick-cut sliced bread
- 1 egg
- 1 piece sliced cheese
- 1 piece sliced bacon
- 1.5 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dried parsley flakes
- For mayo mix: 1.5 teaspoons mayonnaise + 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
- For sriracha mix: 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce + 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
- In a bowl, mix the egg, milk, sugar, and salt. Beat the mixture with a fork or a whisk.
- In another bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk with siracha sauce.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise with sweetened condensed milk.
- Slice the bacon into three pieces and fry it.
- Melt butter in a pan, pour the egg mixture, and let it sit a little. When the egg starts to cook, continuously push the spatula towards the center to make scrambled eggs.
- Melt a little more butter and toast both sides of the bread. Slice the toasted bread in half, leaving the end uncut.
- Spread siracha mix on one half of the bread. Fill the bread with sliced cheese and cooked bacon. Spread mayo mixture on the other half of the bread.
- Stuff the sandwich with scrambled egg.
- Sprinkle remaining mayo sauce and parsley flakes on top. Ta-da (Uju will be proud)!
Follow Lily on Instagram.