One day, as I was casually browsing my YouTube homepage, I noticed a video by Marjorie Barretto. It was of her salpicao recipe—a dish I almost never say no to. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I had all the necessary ingredients, which to me, is already half the battle in the kitchen (I say this as a food newbie). Here's what you'll need!
- Good beef (Marjorie uses rib eye steak)
- Olive oil
- Garlic, sliced
- Siling sigang
- Liquid seasoning
- Cut the steak into cubes. Add ground pepper and the liquid seasoning. Let it marinate for one to three hours. Her tip? Be OA with the pepper!
- Heat up your pan and then use a little bit of olive oil. Add the garlic. Make sure it doesn't burn.
- Next, add the butter before using more pepper. Mix in the siling sigang but not completely with the butter and garlic. After a few minutes, set it aside.
- Cook the beef in the same pan, but in batches. Add liquid seasoning and pepper as you go. Then mix the garlic and siling sigang back into the pan. Magiging medyo maanghang yung beef because of this (just the way I like it).
Follow Ysa on Instagram.