Don’t you just miss getting snacks outside? As much as we want to instantly satisfy our cravings, we have to stay indoors and watch our budget during these times. On the bright side, we get to be practical by searching for merienda hacks that can save us the hassle!
Facebook user Leslie Villanueva Alcaraz can back us up with her homemade shawarma recipe that she posted recently, which has over 69,000 shares as of writing.
In an interview with Candymag.com, Leslie shared that you can prep the snack in just 30 minutes and spend around P150 to make six shawarmas for you and your loved ones. Tipid, 'di ba?
In her post, she gives us a step-by-step guide in making the pita bread, cooking the ground pork, and preparing the add-ons.
For the pita bread:
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, oil, and water.
- Once this is done, pour the mixture on a pre-heated Teflon pan or nonstick pan until the pita gets its circular shape.
- You can flip the pita when you see brown dots to make sure it’s cooked the way you want it.
For the meat, Leslie says you can use ground pork or ground beef.
- Sauté onions with the meat.
- Add beef cubes and oyster sauce.
- Let it simmer until it becomes dry.
When you’re done, you can slice the usual add-ons like tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. After that, you’re ready to assemble!
Get a pita bread and use it to wrap the meat and sliced add-ons. Put cheese and mayo sauce, and voila, shawarma craving satisfied!
Here’s the complete recipe: