1. Instead of wallowing at home and feeling sorry for yourself, celebrate by visiting a museum. Be a culture vulture and visit the Pinto Art museum in Antipolo. Have a “Yeah, science!” moment at the Mind Museum in BGC. If you’re looking for a more traditional experience, the Ayala Museum in Makati is perf eye candy. Feed your mind to feed your heart!
2. Have a romantic movie marathon! Stock up on flicks that will tug at your heartstrings and buy loads of ice cream and potato chips. Remember, CGs, there’s no such thing as having seen Ryan Gosling in The Notebook one too many times!
3. Bake a cake. Download a quick-fix recipe and make an evening out of it. The best part: you can have it all to yourself. You’ll be surprised at how much sweets can make everything better.
4. Find a quaint coffee shop and read a good book. Just sit back, relax, have a cup of coffee and get lost in the pages of a compelling novel. At least the characters of a page-turner won’t judge you for being single.
5. S-H-O-P 'til you drop! Just be careful not to max out the plastic!
6. Go for a night run. Pump yourself full of endorphins to forget about all the other lovey-dovey couples that will be smooching on V-Day. The rush will be comforting.
7. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers and treat yourself to a fancy dinner. Why wait for a man to do all these things for you? If some roses and a hearty meal will make you feel better, there’s no harm in purchasing them for yourself.