The pandemic took away a lot of things from us, and one of those is the freedom to go out and travel as much as we want. TBH, there are days when I just literally go through the photos on my phone and reminisce about past trips. Hanging out with my barkada, meeting new people, eating different cuisines, and basically exploring the world—I miss all of that and I can’t wait for the day we can get to travel again. I’ve already thought about which places I want to go to next, and girls from our Cosmo Mixers have done so, too.
Below, seven women share the first trip they'd book once quarantine is over.
- “I would travel anywhere, locally! I’d want to go to Cavite and Batangas especially, since those areas were badly affected by the Taal eruption before the pandemic. I want to help businesses restore what was lost during those trying times.” –Mariel
- “Camiguin, La Union, Baguio, and more Mindanao locations—General Santos, Sulu, and Zamboanga. Pilipinas pa rin! There’s still so much to discover and experience in our country! At the same time, I can contribute to boosting local tourism and those working in the local hospitality industry.” –Eli
- “Any beach would be enough! As long as I get to dig my toes into the sand and really feel that I’m finally outside of the house.” –Andrea
- “This rainy season, I would like to go to Baguio City. I’d love to enjoy foggy views while drinking hot chocolate and strolling while wearing cute and comfy clothes!” –Michelle
- “I feel like I need to book two weeks off from work, leave my phone at home, and go to Siquijor by myself to zen out.” –Tippy
- “I would go to Siargao and Palawan! These are the places that I have never been to before. I want to travel alone to recollect and reconnect with myself once again, amidst all the stress.” –Leah
- “Top two on my list would be La Union and Camsur. I’m in need of vitamin sea!” –Than
Like us, are you also itching to ~see the world~ again? Watch this video and check out the local destinations you can add to your future travel bucket list!
Answers have been edited for clarity.
Join Cosmo Mixers, our growing Facebook community for fun, fearless, and forward Pinays!
Follow Lou on Instagram.