- K-Pop star and SHINee lead singer Kim Jong-Hyun died by suicide on December 18 in a rented hotel in Seoul, South Korea. Johghyun, who was only 27 years old, apparently gave a suicide letter to his close friend and Dear Cloud artist 9.
9 posted Jonghyun's final message with a personal note detailing that it was released with Jonghyun's family's consent. (Koreaboo)
Read Jonghyun's final message below:
"I am broken from the inside. The depression that slowly gnawed away at me has finally swallowed me whole. And I could not defeat it.
"I detested myself. I grabbed my disjointed memories and yelled at them to pull themselves together but was met with no response. If I can't help myself breathe properly it's better to stop breathing at all. I asked myself who was responsible for me.
"Only I. I was utterly alone. It's easy to talk about the end. It's hard to actually end. I lived until now because of that difficulty. I told myself I wanted to run. Yes, I wanted to run. From myself. From you. I asked who was there. It was me. It was me again. And it was me yet again.
"I asked why I kept losing my memories. It was because of my personality. I see. So it's all my fault in the end. I wanted people to notice but no one did. They've never even met me so of course, they don't know I exist.
"I asked why they live. They just live, just live on. If you ask why I die I would answer I am exhausted. I have suffered and pondered. I never learned how to turn this exhausting pain into bliss.
"Pain is just that, pain. They scolded me not to do this. Why? Why can't I even end things the way I want to?
"They told me to find out why I hurt. I know too well. I hurt because of me. It's all my fault and all because I'm lacking. Doctor, is this what you wanted to hear? No. I have done nothing wrong.
"When the gentle voice blamed my personality I thought, 'Damn, being a doctor is easy.' It's so odd that it hurts so much. People who have it worse than me live fine, people who are weaker than me carry on fine. Maybe that's not true. There's no one alive that's got it worse than me or is weaker than me.
"But I should live on anyway. I keep asking myself why I should hundreds of times and it’s not for my own good. It's for yours. Please don't say a word if you don't understand. Find out why I'm hurting? I told you why. Is it so wrong to hurt so much because of that, do I need to have a more dramatic reason? A more specific reason?
"I told you already. Were you not listening? Things you can overcome don't scar you for life. Clashing with the world was never meant for me. The life of fame was never meant for me. That's all the reason why it hurts. Because I'm famous. Why did I choose this? It's so funny. It's a wonder I lasted so long.
"What can I say? Just tell me I've done well. That this is good enough. That I've worked hard. Even if you can't smile don't fault me on my way. You did well, you worked hard. Goodbye."
- Our favorite It Girls were finally complete for their barkada Christmas dinner on Sunday night. Hosted by Georgina Wilson, all of the girls attended the low-key affair—Martine Cajucom, Bea Soriano, Isabelle Daza, Anne Curtis, and Liz Uy.
- Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla's hit 2015 film Crazy Beautiful You was shown in Indonesia! The Star Cinema movie, which also stars Lorna Tolentino and Gabby Concepcion, was aired on Sunday on MNCTV and was apparently also dubbed in Bahasa. (ABS-CBN)
- Actress-slash-pop-star Hailee Steinfeld just celebrated her 21st birthday! Hailee was thrown a surprise birthday bash by her family and close friends. Her Pitch Perfect 3 co-stars Ruby Rose and Rebel Wilson also attended. Happy birthday, girl!
- We're ~*obsessed*~ with this new Instagrammable spot in Makati: I'M Hotel. They've got an amazing view of the Makati skyline on their rooftop bar and have the most double-tap worthy pool and lounge area—perfect for a staycation with your besties! For reservations, visit imhotel.com/offers.
Continue reading below ↓
Follow Jacinda on Instagram.