If you’re planning to go out and about in the metro this weekend be warned: the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said motorists should expect heavy traffic as 12 roads around Metro Manila are set to undergo scheduled repairs and reblocking.
In a Facebook post on November 8, the MMDA said that the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) will “undertake reblocking and repairs” starting November 8, 11:00 p.m. until November 11, 5:00 a.m. They also advised motorists to take alternate routes.
The affected roads are as follows:
- EDSA Camp Crame Gate to after Annapolis St. (beside MRT)
- EDSA after Muñoz to Bansalangin St. (first lane from the sidewalk)
- G. Araneta Bayanin intersection
- Quirino Highway Nightingale to Zabarte Road (inner lane)
- General Luis St. from Samonte St. to SB Road
- Elliptical Road after Maharlika St. (sixth lane from the outer sidewalk)
- A. Bonifacio Ave. near Marvex Drive (second lane from the sidewalk)
- Katipunan Ave./C-5 after CP Garcia St. (in front UP Town Center (truck lane)
- EDSA after Aurora Blvd. to New York St. (third lane from the sidewalk)
- Congressional Ave. Ext. cor Luzon Ave. (second lane from the center island) and after Tandang Sora Ave. (truck lane)
- Luzon Ave. before Congressional Ave. Ext. (first lane from the center island)
- R. Magsaysay Blvd. after Magsaysay Bridge going Quiapo (inner lane)