According to a report from PhilStar, the Manila District Traffic Enforcement Unit announced that several roads in Manila will be closed and that a stop-and-go traffic scheme will be implemented on January 25 to give way to the Chinese New Year 2020 Grand Parade.
On January 24, a concert at Plaza San Lorenzo Ruiz is scheduled to take place, and the following roads will be closed starting at 5:00 p.m.:
- Quintin Paredes from Dasmariñas to Plaza Ruiz
- Reina Regente from Soler to Plaza Ruiz
- Plaza Ruiz U-turn slot
- Juan Luna from Reina Regente to San Fernando
- San Fernando from Elcano to Plaza Ruiz
- The northbound lane of Jones Bridge from P. Burgos to Escolta
Meanwhile, a fireworks display will take place at 10:30 p.m.:
- Both lanes of Jones Bridge from Escola to Magallanes Drive.
Vehicles will also be rerouted on January 24:
- Vehicles coming from Juan Luna that are headed to the southbound lane of Jones Bridge shall go straight to Muelle dela Industria to McArthur Bridge
- Vehicles using Soler street going to Plaza Ruiz shall turn right to Reina Regente, turn right or left CM Recto to their point of destination
- Vehicles using Jose Abad Santos going to Plaza Ruiz shall turn left or right CM Recto to their point of destination
- Vehicles using Dasmariñas shall turn left to Prenza, turn right to Muelle dela Industria to their point of destination
- Vehicles using San Fernando going to Plaza Ruiz shall turn right to Elcano, turn left to Urbiztondo, turn right to Barraca, turn left to Dasmarinas, turn right to Juan Luna, then turn left to Muelle dela Industria to their point of destination
- All vehicles coming from P. Burgos going to Binondo area who are intending to pass the northbound lane of Jones Bridge shall use McArthur Bridge to their point of destination
Meanwhile, the Manila Police District (MPD) announced on January 22 that it will be implementing a “stop-and-go” traffic scheme on January 25 to give way to the Chinese New Year grand parade.
According to a report from Inquirer.net, the route will start from the Philippine Post Office, right to Jones Bridge, straight to Quintin Paredes St., right to Ongpin St., left to Ronquillo St., left to F. Torres St., left to Soler St., right to Reina Regente St., and end at Lucky Chinatown Mall in Binondo, Manila.
In addition to this, the MPD said that the opening and closing of the streets will be based on the actual traffic conditions and is still subject to change.
Follow Monina on Instagram.