1. He texts you nonstop for a week, then disappears completely.
You know he likes you enough and really enjoys your company, but the minute you fall into a habit and get comfortable, he drops off the face of the earth.
2. He likes your Instagram and Facebook posts, but he won’t initiate conversation.
It’s his way of saying, “Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I’m alive and I still notice you, but not enough to actually ask you out…yet/ever.”
3. He tells you he’s not ready to commit to anyone.
He’s already giving you a heads up. Guard your heart and don’t fall for him.
4. He prefers to hang out with you when you’re in a group.
He’ll take you out on dates occasionally, but most of the time you’re with other friends when you hang out. It’s less pressure for him that way.
5. He flirts with you when he’s drunk but treats you like a platonic friend when he’s sober.
Boys will be boys. Blame it on the alcohol.
6. He has a lot of female friends and he treats them the same way he treats you.
Sorry to break it to you girl, but you’re not that special to him. Maybe he really does just see you as a friend.
7. He’s very vocal about wanting to stay single.
You can’t force someone to be ready for a relationship when he’s not. You also can’t force someone to see you as more than a friend when he doesn’t.
8. He’s hesitant to hook up with you because he knows you like him more than he likes you.
If he’s a good guy, he won’t want to lead you on and hurt you. Take a hint.
9. He still talks about his ex.
Clearly he still has personal issues he needs to figure out. You may be a good distraction, but you’re not the solution to his problem. Besides, do you really want to be the rebound girl?
10. He tells you that you deserve someone better.
He means it. There may be a spark between you guys, but if the timing isn’t right, then it still won’t happen. At least not in the way you want it to.
Don’t settle for a guy who only kinda likes you because you will end up getting hurt. As much as it sucks, maybe he’s really just not that into you. He may be a good guy, but even good guys have demons to deal with. There’s no point in chasing after a guy who knows he can’t give you what you need and deserve. If it’s meant to be, it will happen when you're both ready. But don’t wait around for that day to come. There are plenty more fish in the sea. Never settle just because it's convenient. You're better than that.