1. He texts you mundane things just to get you to talk to him. Is he on a business trip and telling you all about spreadsheets and presentations he sat in at? Presentations that you absolutely do not care about? It's because he just wants an excuse to keep talking to you, even if that means boring you to death.
2. You have missed calls in the double digits. He just wants to hear the sound of your voice...hopefully you think that persistence is sweet.
3. He's been listening to the "songs about being on the road" playlist on Spotify. You know this, because he just shared Journey's "Faithfully" on Facebook. This two-day business trip is really taking its toll on him.
4. He responds to your text immediately. You've barely sent a text before his "..." flashes up on the screen. Or he picks up after one ring. He's basically sitting at his phone waiting for you.
5. He falls asleep spooning your pillow. Did you go out for a girl's night only to find your boyfriend curled up in your bed hugging your pillow? Yeah, that's some pretty serious separation anxiety.
6. He's constantly asking for pictures of you. He doesn't even want sexts. Just a picture of your face, which sounds kind of weird.
7. He FaceTimes you. When a regular phone call just isn't enough.
8. He gets mad at you for seemingly no reason. He's not actually mad at you. He's mad at missing you and he's taking it out on you so he can miss you less. Does it make sense? Nope. Is he doing it anyway? Yes.
9. He likes an Instagram picture of the two of you from three years ago. He's going reeeeeally deep down memory lane. It must've taken him hours to scroll that far.
10. He starts making all these insane plans for the next time he sees you. Are you in a long-distance relationship and he's planning to spend thousands of pesos on an insane trip to El Nido? Let the boy dream. He just wants the next time he sees you to be special.
11. He actually sleeps with that stuffed animal you bought him once for Valentine's Day. This is, and I can't stress this enough, the biggest sign that he misses you. Guys don't do this unless they're really desperate. Most guys would have that Valentine's bear stuffed under their bed. But if he sleeps with it when you're not there, that means this is real.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.