1. He pressures you to come out drinking with his friends, but is suddenly unavailable when your family is in town. He doesn't even ask you if you're coming to his company parties or any weddings he's been invited to. But the second you want to meet your friend for drinks at a bar, he rolls his eyes and says "she's not my friend."
2. If you make him dinner once, he assumes you're always going to make dinner for him. â€‹What other people would appreciate, he takes for granted. If anything, he gets mad at you when you â€‹don'tâ€‹ have time to pick him up from work while his car is in the shop, or even cook or clean. He treats favors as expectations.
3. You're always on his schedule. â€‹You'll meet up when â€‹heâ€‹ can make time for you, and it's never the other way around. It doesn't matter if you're moving into a new apartment, he doesn't show up because he's "busy" and expects you to come see him that night.
4. You ask him to come over and he ignores it (just because he doesn't want to hang out). â€‹It's not just that he takes a while to get back to you. He outright ignores your calls and texts to hang out. Then he feigns some lame excuse, like he was sleeping even though it was 7 p.m.
5. You feel like you get booty called even though you're in a relationship. â€‹Sometimes you feel like he just calls you to come over and have sex. Maybe because you only hang out at night.
6. He acts like a brat when he doesn't get his way. â€‹The few times he actually agrees to do something he doesn't want to do, he's in a bad mood the entire time, to the point where it ruins the experience for you. You'll never see a rom com with him again.
7. Your dates are less "dinner and a movie" and more "hanging out on the couch." â€‹He can't be bothered to actually plan a date, or even agree to go on a date you plan. There's nothing wrong with binge-watching shows with your boyfriend, but if you've told him you're not happy with that and he doesn't do anything about it, there's a problem.
â€‹8. He never goes down on you, but he's always asking for blow jobs. â€‹And he doesn't care if you come, either. Sex ends when he has an orgasm and then rolls over.â€‹
9. You don't get many compliments from him. â€‹Some guys aren't great at compliments or communicating their feelings, but if you actually can't remember the last time he said anything nice about you, DTMF.
10. He literally doesn't listen to you, even when you're just trying to let him know what your plans for the week are. â€‹Don't confuse this with being forgetful, like Dr. What's-his-name in â€‹Flubber â€‹or Amnesiac Rachel McAdams in â€‹The Vowâ€‹. He doesn't take the time to sit and listen. And he'll wind up planning something on a day you asked him to be around because he "forgot."
â€‹11. He does major things, like quit his job or move, without even consulting you. You shouldn't be finding out he's moving an hour away â€‹afterâ€‹ he's already signed the lease.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.