1. He gives you a big, goofy look like he just won the lottery.
He might look like an idiot, but that look means he just fell in love with you even more. He even gives it to you when you're on the couch in your sweatpants eating Doritos.
2. He's told you things he's never told anyone.
Maybe they're mind-blowing, life-changing secrets, or maybe they're just little details or insecurities he has. Either way, he feels comfortable talking to you.
3. Sometimes he just has to kiss you.
You might be looking the other way and he just kisses your ponytail, but he couldn't help it.
4. He tries to befriend your family.
He goes golfing with your dad. That is hell for some people and yet he willingly puts himself in that position.
5. He always wants you to be a part of whatever he's doing.
Even during guy's night he texts you a photo of Mike's cute dog because he knows you'll love it. Or Mike's stupid new facial hair because he knows you'll hate it.
6. Your opinion really matters.
He might still wear that plaid shirt you hate, but he always asks for your input on the big stuff.
7. Big life decisions always include you.
Is he moving or changing jobs? He's taking into account where you live and what you'll be doing (and maybe even if it's a stable enough job to start a family). His life isn't just about him.
8. He always has your back.
Even in the (very rare) instances that you might be wrong.
9. He likes grocery shopping with you.
Maybe the two of you haven't moved in together yet, but it's kind of a fun novelty to play house.
10. He's not awkward about telling you he loves you.
Once he decides you're the one for him, he loses the awkwardness and starts saying he loves you with aplomb.
11. The two of you can talk about anything.
You tell him about the weird rash you got and he's more concerned than grossed out.
12. He goes out of his way to make you happy.
Remember that time you had a half-marathon training run and he had to work late, but he got home in time to make you a great post-run dinner anyway? Yeah, he wants to marry you.
This article originally appeared in Cosmopolitan.com. Minor changes have been implemented by Cosmo.ph editors.