1. He tips well. Generous people are generous everywhere. If he's only tipping 10 percent, he's not going down on you.
2. He asks you your opinion, and he really listens to it. If he genuinely gives a crap about how you feel and what you think, those qualities will transfer to the bedroom. And the kitchen. And your home office desk. And the shower. And the backyard. Is it getting hot in here?
3. He's an experimental eater. If he's got a voracious and adventurous appetite when it comes to dinner, he probably has a voracious and adventurous appetite when it comes to bedroom shenanigans. You know what they say: The key to a lady's orgasm is through her man's stomach. (Right??)
4. He touches you a lot. This one is "duh" but if you're with a man who's apprehensive about even holding your hand, he's probably not equipped to love your body down.
5. He likes chocolate ice cream. Hey, you can't argue with pseudoscience. (Actually you can, but let's just go with it because chocolate ice cream is the best.)
6. He can dance. If he's got rhythm at da club, he's probably got rhythm on your own private dance floor (uh, that's your bed). Bonus points if he dances with kids at weddings, but not because of a sex thing—just because that is so damn adorable.
7. He's respectful to all women. Guys who are shitty to women are just bad news in general, and you can be damn sure they're terrible in bed because they don't care about the ladies. If your man has a great relationship with his mom, buys his sisters' birthday gifts, and has lady friends who adore him? That is a dude who is gonna give you multiple orgasms, guaranteed. (And then sometimes bring you flowers the next day. Nothing wrong with that!)
8. He doesn't brag. Dudes who tell tall tales outside of the bedroom usually have major shortcomings within it. Also, if he gets braggadocious about past sexual conquests, it's almost 100 percent certain he's gonna suck in bed. As the biblical saying goes: "Those who do, do. Those who can't, talk mad shit and then finish on your face."
9. He looks at you. I mean really looks at you. Like, a lot of time. If you're stuffing pizza in your mouth and your man is staring at you like you're a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model wrapped in a pizza, he's probably gonna carry that enthusiasm into bed.
10. He smells amazing. Smell is a huge thing when it comes to attraction, so if you can't get enough of your man's scent, you're gonna go HAM on him when you two are alone.
11. He's flexible. Not physically (though that doesn't hurt), but he's not too set in his ways. Being good in bed requires improvisation—some people like certain things and other people like the opposite of those things. You don't want to be with a robot who only understands how to have sex in a certain way or his robot brain explodes. You need a dude who can go with the flow and switch things up until you two find the perfect rhythm.
12. He likes to work out. More stamina, baby! Which means he has what it takes to work as hard as necessary to get the job done. His creed: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays your fit man from the swift completion of your orgasm.
13. He's had some adversity in his life. Guys who are too good-looking or too often praised for whatever reason get complacent. You want a dude who's had some difficulties in his life to know what it's like to work for something (something = your G-spot).
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.