1. Putting the toilet seat down. You don't understand how hard it is to get into this habit, especially if we used to have our own bathroom or didn't have sisters. You take it for granted, but this is seriously so considerate.
2. Walking on the outside of the street. This is really chivalrous and it's so you don't get hit by a bike messenger or car that hops up on the curb. Yeah, we're probably not going to be able to stop a car from plowing right through us and hitting you too, but it's the thought that counts.
3. Staying up way too late texting you. Those cute series of texts we shared right before we went to sleep? We're paying for it in the morning. And it's not like we were sending a series of heart and kiss emojis for our benefit.
4. Holding you when you're having a bad dream. You won't remember any of it. You probably won't even remember the dream. But we held you until you calmed down after you woke us up by elbowing us in the face as you thrashed around in bed.
5. Trying to impress you with poorly thought-out feats of strength. We threw out our back moving those boxes for you. We'll never admit it, but we did.
6. Volunteering to pay even though he's kind of broke right now. I hope you liked this Italian restaurant because we're going to be eating ramen by ourselves until our paycheck clears.
7. PDA. The PDA isn't the bad part. The getting shit from his friends about it later is the bad part. But he'll never tell you that.
8. Taking mental notes on things you like. He's got a great backlog of birthday gifts and surprises for you.
9. Not pulling all the blankets back over to his side in the middle of the night. You're a blanket hog and he's too sweet to tell you. So instead he freezes and does his best to crawl under the few loose pieces of blankets he has available. And you have no idea as you dream peacefully.
10. Putting his arm around you when a skeezy guy approaches at a bar. He might be a lover, not a fighter, but that doesn't mean he can't protect you
11. Putting on the cologne he knows you like when you have a date night. Your favorite cologne? It's not his favorite cologne. But he wears it because he's not the one smelling himself.
12. Color-coding the remotes for you because he and only he understands what they're all for. He even went out and bought a label maker. He's never going to use that thing again.
13. Cleaning up his beard stubble. He looks like a 17-year-old boy now, but at least he doesn't scratch your face when you kiss.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.