1. You do not get to call anything stupid if you have not seen/heard it.
Yes, I know it's a TV show called Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but yes, it is one of the great shows of all time. Keep talking. This doesn't end well for you.
2. If she's around a friend who's a nerd in the same way she's a nerd and you're not, you should probably just leave the room entirely.
Because it's going to be so much high-pitched screaming about things only the two of us understand. Either catch up on every episode of this super-rare TV show from 2008 that I told you to watch or probably just meet me somewhere else later.
3. Get ready to hear her make a lot of references you do not get.
Listen, if you'd watched Veronica Mars like I'd asked you to, you would know what I mean when I talk about how crazy it is that Mac should be living Madison's life but isn't.
4. She has to go to the comic book store Wednesday before dinner because that is release day and you just have to deal with it.
And then she has to do a little dance when she leaves the store with her purchase. That's very important.
5. If you ask her to clarify a plot point, prepare for a loooong answer.
You want me to explain in a short answer whether or not Buffy and Angel should end up together in the end? Haha, good luck. Take a seat and here are all three meals for the day because honestly, it's so complicated.
6. Don't be jealous when she's crushing hard on some fictional man or woman.
Just because she's in love with Daenerys Targaryen doesn't mean she's not in love with you too.
7. Don't even think about asking her why she has so many books or comic books, or telling her she should get rid of any of them, or asking her if she's even read all this stuff.
That is not the point, Daniel. I am part of a fandom and I must have the complete collection of all things.
8. Never ask her where she finds the time to watch that much TV.
When you really love something, you make the time.
9. Be prepared for friendly arguments about which season of a TV show is the best.
I have a list of reasons a mile long and will happily talk to you about them until you fall asleep and I have to wake you up so I can finish my reasons.
10. At some point, you might have to just indulge her and watch one thing she's into.
You don't have to be up on Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, AND Lost, but maybe do me a solid and pick one that you can kind of like, maybe.
11. When you do finally watch one of her favorite things ever for the first time, she will stare at you desperately, waiting for you to freak out.
I know it's creepy but it's going to happen because I am so exciiiiiiited to share this with youuuuuu.
12. Don't be surprised if her room is full of wigs.
I have multiple characters that I enjoy cosplaying. They do not all have the same hair.
13. When you say you'll check something out, you'd better freaking mean that.
Because if you're seriously going to go watch the first season of Gilmore Girls this weekend, I will propose marriage on the spot, oh my god.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.