1. We like to sleep in bed spread out like starfish. A LOT. So prepare to have your personal space invaded because we're not used to sharing our bed. Spooning is great and all, but also, can you just squish up over there while I stretch out?
2. It might take us a while to delete Tinder. It's just a way of life now, like checking Facebook or scrolling through Instagram. It's nothing personal.
3. Our underwear choices might get a bit weird. When we decide you're in it for the long haul, we'll invest in some lacy sets. Until then, it's mismatched randomness all the way.
4. We've got big appetites. When you're used to eating meals for two for one, sharing food is tough. But we'll try our best.
5. Our family knows NOTHING about you. It's just easier if they're kept in the dark. For now, anyway.
6. But our friends know EVERYTHING. We talk about basically everything, so just be aware that our BFFs probably know everything from what we talked about to our first kiss and your er…shoe size.
7. We might have little mood swings. One minute we're annoyed at having to think about someone else and the next we'll be thrilled to finally have a plus one to take to things. Give us a while to figure this out, okay?
8. Bear with our shaving rash. Our skin might look like it's been in some horrific mosquito-bite accident, but our poor legs aren't used to constantly having a blade dragged over them. They need to adjust to this new turn of events as much as we do.
9. We're busy people yaknow. We've got really used to having a busy social calendar without relying on dates to fill it up. So don't be offended if we're hard to pin down.
10. But Sunday dates are ideal. It's what Sundays were made for and it's sure as hell better than lying in bed hungover like we usually do.
11. Not to freak you out, but our friends are probably judging you pretty hard. They've been there for us after about 2,051 awful dates and they do not want to see us fall for another waste of time. But if you're not a player, you'll be just fine.
12. Sometimes we might forget we're not totally single any more. We're not talking about cheating, we're talking about burping, eating food in bed and putting Friends on as soon as we switch the TV on.
13. PDAs might be a no-no to begin with. Because then we're one of those people. (By which we mean the happy people who MOMOL in public).
14. We have a pretty low tolerance for bullsh*t. Been there, done that, over dating crappy guys. Chances are if you mess us around, we'll be done. We do not love the players, or the game. Sorry, Taylor...
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.co.uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.