1. When someone says something that you don't agree with or that rubs you the rong way, you speak your mind (in a respectful way) rather than stay quiet. It doesn't matter if it's a political opinion you disagree with or a snide comment about one of your friends. You always stand up for what you believe in.
2. You love a good debate. It's just not in your nature to back down, so you end up arguing your points of view to all kinds of people pretty frequently, but this is intellectually stimulating for you rather than confrontational.
3. You weed out friends who have wronged you, aren't there for you, or are just plain flakes who can't keep a brunch plan to save their lives. Your close friends know this about you and don't mind it because they are committed to your relationship and show up when they say they will.
4. When a guy dicks you over, you either move on without telling him or giving him a second thought (clean break) or, depending on the severity of the situation and how long you've been talking, throw a drink in his face. Because if he really does you dirty, you're not afraid to, well, get him dirty.
5. You're known in your friend group as the girl who will fix any fucked-up hotel reservation, restaurant bill, or messed-up drink order. Where some people would shrug their shoulders and accept the wrong order or figure it's not worth fighting a hidden fee, you roll up your sleeves and bear down on customer service until you get a refund and then some.
6. You've broken up with a guy who didn't text you back because he didn't text you back.You don't have time for that shit because you take none of it. No shit. Whatsoever.
7. If someone's really late to meet you, you say something when they get there. Five minutes is one thing, but half an hour is unacceptable and you will tell them so as soon as they rush in with a shopping bag. You had time to buy that new dress before you got here, sooo...
8. You cannot stand noncommittal people. When someone says "maybe," your brain registers "no"—because you refuse to wait around to find out if someone will have time for you. Either you're in or you're out.
9. If someone flakes on you, you don't call them again. You wait for them to come to you when they want to hang out with you. But if they cancel two more times, you're done. They can flake on someone who isn't you.
10. You are immune to peer pressure. If everyone is taking Jager shots at a party and you don't feel like doing it, it doesn't matter how many times someone tells you to "Just take one! WHY NOT? Just take one! Come on!" You stick to your guns.
11. You have owned, currently own, or would like to own a shirt that says, "Thanks, I'm cool." (Just me?)
12. You're not afraid of confrontation. If you hear about a girl hitting on your boyfriend, you will go right up to her next time you're in the same room and tell her to step the hell off before you ruin her life, kthxbye!
13. If you find out someone doesn't like your clothes or a new hairstyle, you ignore it and continue to wear whatever the hell you damn well feel like wearing. Your clothes and hair aren't meant to please anyone but you.
14. You can never just settle. You are known for everything needing to be just right. You can't understand why people would just stop working on something and move onto the next thing if the thing they were working on wasn't great.
15. Hence you're known as kind of a perfectionist. Because the whole reason you don't take any shit is because you have super-high standards—not only for the work you put out and the people around you, but, mostly, for yourself.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.