1. He looks up the movie you've been waiting to see and surprises you with a date night.
He might not want to see the latest Zac Efron movie, but he knows all the show times in all the malls near your house and workplace.
2. He brings you flowers for no reason.
Some women think this is tacky. It isn't.
3. He really tries to make you come.
Even if he lacks talent in bed, he's making an effort to improve.
4. He doesn't look at his phone when you're around.
Even when there's an NBA game going on.
5. He texts you pictures of inside jokes and things that remind him of you.
Somehow, he makes grumpy cat memes romantic.
6. He wants you to hang out with his friends.
This might be hell for you, but he really wants you around.
7. He tries to hold you while you're sleeping.
You might wake up annoyed and sweating, but he just wants to cuddle.
8. He wants to know you got home safe.
Don't roll your eyes. There's genuine concern in that "r u home?" text.
9. He cancels plans for you.
You take precedent over guy's night and sports schedules.
10. He teases you, in a good way.
He can make fun of you in a way that makes you laugh, not in a way that makes you cry quietly in the bathroom later.
11. He remembers every little conversation you've had.
That time you rambled about your favorite lipsticks? He was paying attention THE WHOLE TIME, and buys you the right ones for your birthday.
12. He actively tries to express his emotions.
This can be difficult. Ignore all the awkward pauses and uncomfortable shifting, and what he's saying might be kind of sweet.
13. He compliments you when you're not wearing makeup.
Hell, he might not even notice you're not wearing makeup.
14. He takes you to dinner after a bad day.
He knows how to instantly turn around a bad day.
15. Even if he's not very emo, he has a sentimental streak when it comes to you.
Dude has never cried, but he keeps a sweet love note from you in his wallet and call you pet names.
16. He surprises you with coffee.
Just remembering your crazy convoluted order would've been impressive.
17. He thinks your annoying habits are cute.
Even the thing where you separate all the foods on your plate with bread so they don't touch.
18. He loves showing off your accomplishments.
"This is my girlfriend, she just got her master's and got a job a week later and is so smart and beautiful and it's she great?"
19. He remembers something you mentioned you hated one time, and never does it again.
May you never fear sitting on a cold toilet rim in the middle of the night.
20. He begrudgingly gets into some of your girly habits.
OK. Manicures and pedicures actually do feel nice.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.