Guys get a bad rap when it comes to sex. It's a stereotype that men have orgasms but they don't give them, or can't last long enough, or are oblivious to the needs of their partner. And sure, some assholes don't bother reciprocating, or maybe they're just ... too excitable (it's not their fault they were built to love so hard).
But there are plenty of guys out there trying really, really, really hard to be good at sex. He wants you to have a good time. He wants you to orgasm. This is an event that requires both of us to be on point.
1. It is a testament to our manhood. If we don't give you an orgasm, it means we're bad at sex. If we have an orgasm, all it means is we're good at having orgasms and that's a really easy thing for us to be good at. No, if we truly want to prove our prowess, we need to walk away having given you the gift of orgasm.
2. It's fun. It's sex. Having sex is fun. If it weren't, we'd never bother leaving the house to meet new people (to have sex with) and we'd all just masturbate instead.
3. It means we can finally finish. Ladies first, and we're nothing if not gentlemen. Unless you don't want to go first, in which case we're fine with that because we're also feminists. What I'm trying to say is, once you orgasm, we can finally stop thinking about baseball.
4. You can't rub it in our face that we owe you one. It's never good to be in debt. That goes for money and it goes doubly so for orgasms. If we didn't finish you off, you can bring it up against us in future arguments, as if you not coming means it's our turn to take out the garbage.
5. We're just gentlemen and this is how we were raised. Our mothers taught us to keep our elbows off the table, open doors, always say "please," and don't come up for air until the job is done. Alright, maybe not the last one, but that was implied.
6. It makes you happy. We just like knowing we've made you happy. Because why would we want to sit in bed with you when you're grumpy?
7. Your moaning is sexy, but your genuine orgasm is sexier. You know when you have someone over and make them dinner and they compliment your cooking, but you can tell they're not lying if they ask for seconds? Hearing a woman moan during sex is like getting the compliments, but her having an orgasm is like asking for seconds. We know this shit is legit.
8. Sometimes we play a game to see how many we can give you. Because we turn everything into competitions in our heads. It won't even be fun for us anymore. We don't even care about our own bodies. We just want to be the best.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.