In the age of COVID-19, I'd say we are all desperate for some good news. And reaching a serious relationship milestone is certainly a reason to celebrate right now, especially considering so many of our celeb #RelationshipGoals couples didn’t make it through quarantine.
Whether you’ve just been dating or have officially tied the knot, you're prob ready to commemorate your long-term partnership by posting an Instagram. Seriously, after spending the past five months physical distancing, I can't think of a more perfect time to pull out your favorite throwback photo to remind you of happiness. Sigh.
But if you need a little inspiration for crafting the perfect anniversary caption, here are some sentimental, seriously sexy, but also slightly savage ideas that’ll have your friends and followers smashing that “like” button. You're welcome.
If every song reminds you of them:
- “All of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections.” —John Legend, "All of Me"
- “You're still the one I run to, the one that I belong to. You're still the one I want for life.” —Shania Twain, "You’re Still the One"
- “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” —Ben Folds, "The Luckiest"
- “Everywhere I'm looking now I'm surrounded by your embrace. Baby, I can see your halo. You know you're my saving grace.” —Beyoncé, "Halo"
- “Got me looking so crazy right now, your love's got me looking so crazy right now.” —Beyoncé, "Crazy in Love"
- “We go together like sound and sight, black and white, day and night. We go together like left and right. Oh, we go together.” —Vampire Weekend, "We Belong Together"
If you’re all in your feels:
- "The best love stories never end."
- "I said ‘Yes’ to a life with you."
- "Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours."
- "Today, tomorrow, always."
- "Can’t wait to grow old with you by my side."
If you’re a savage:
- "The five-year anniversary is wood? Please, I get that every morning."
- "Wouldn’t trade you for anyone* *Except Harry Styles."
- "Annual reminder to my [insert husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, honey, etc.] that today is our anniversary!"
- "Posting this so my [insert husband, wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, honey, etc.] doesn’t forget our anniversary this year."
If you’re in a movie-worthy marriage:
- "I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." —Lord of the Rings
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” —The Notebook
- “I love you even when you’re sick and look disgusting.” —Love Actually
- “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows… but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re enjoying your life, and the next you’re wondering how you ever lived without them.” —Hitch
- “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” —The Vow
- “When I look at you, I can feel it. I look at you, and I’m home.” —Finding Nemo
If you reached that one-year milestone:
- "One year down, forever to go."
- "365 days of smiles, snuggles, and forgetting to take the trash out."
- "Ready for another trip around the sun?"
- "1 year. 12 months. 52 weeks. 365 days. You do the math."
If you’re, like, married married:
- "When did we become an old married couple?"
- "Happy wife, happy life."
- "Love may be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener."
- "Here’s to another year with my better half."
- "A 'perfect' marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other."
If you need to borrow a quote:
- "The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time." —Julia Child
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." —Audrey Hepburn
- "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine." —Maya Angelou
- "We loved with a love that was more than love." —Edgar Allan Poe
- “I saw that you were perfect and I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” —Angelita Lim
- "Grow old with me, the best is yet to be." —Robert Browning
If you started your journey as friends:
- "Part-time lover, full-time friend."
- "Dating your best friend is like getting 11 chicken nuggets when you only ordered 10."
- "If you’re not dating your best friend, WYD?"
- "Marriage is just a suuuper long slumber party with your bestie."
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.