- Yes, we know money is tight in December because of Christmas but we'd still quite like to celebrate our birthday like everyone else gets to—even if it's just with inexpensive drinks.
- But that doesn't mean our birthday party doubles up as a Christmas celebration.
- Yes, we would prefer two separate presents rather than a "combined one," but that doesn't mean you have to spend a lot—sentimental gifts are ideal.
It's like, just because someone else's birthday is near Easter, it doesn't mean they get Easter eggs for their birthday, y'all know what we mean?
- We understand Christmas is super busy on your schedule, but please could you just try and leave a bit of time free on our actual birthday to celebrate? WE SAID PLEASE.
- We will remember how much effort, or lack of, you made for us on our birthday and do the same in turn when your special day comes around in April. Just saying!
- No, forgetting the exact date because "you're too busy thinking about Christmas" is not a legitimate excuse (even if it's often true).
- We've had the same birthday all of our lives, obviously, so spare us the "oh you poor thing, it must suck being so close to Christmas." YES, WE KNOW.
- Unless said pity involves stroking our hair and feeding us Christmas themed chocolates. Yes, you can do that.
- If anything we should get a bigger celebration than everyone else, because we have to wait a WHOLE YEAR for both our birthday and Christmas to come around, whereas you get them both throughout the year.
- A joint Christmas and birthday card is something that should never see the light of day. EVER.
- We know Christmas is for #familytime and your lola probably wants to play Scrabble, but IT'S OUR BIRTHDAY FOR CHRIST SAKE, MAKE SOME TIME FOR US.
- It's inevitable that our gifts will be wrapped in Christmas paper and we're kind of used to it by now—but that doesn't make it isn't great when they're not.
- December is our fave time of year because it's ~DOUBLE FUN~ with Christmas and our birthday, so be prepared for us to be overexcited. And double drunk lol.
- Did we mention joint presents just aren't a thing? This has to be etched in your brain if you want to date us.
- The countdown to Christmas is a blessing and a curse, because although it means people kind of breeze over our birthday, it does mean everyone else is super excited and looking forward to something.
- Our birthday isn't just like a "Christmas day warm up," so please treat it like it's a birthday any time of year and not go on about December 25. Unless our birthday is December 25, that is.
- We'll either love or hate Christmas music depending on when our birthday falls and how long the gap between the two are.
- Spare a thought for the people with a birthday AFTER CHRISTMAS and before NYE, because that's when everyone's wallets are truly tight, when they're hungover, and don't want to leave bed. They are the true December birthday heroes.
Follow Dusty on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com/uk. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.