A woman's first kiss is always memorable. Whether it's your first time locking lips ever or that initial smooch with a special someone, you can't help but recall every detail—especially if yours was as swoon-worthy or awkwardly adorable as these IRL first kiss stories.
Get ready to feel all the feels and rouse your inner hopeless romantic just in time for Valentine's Day. You're totally welcome, cupid!
1. "My first kiss was right after my senior prom with my date, because I'm a walking cliche. He kissed me at the end of the night before I went home, and I was absolutely terrible at it." —Mackenzie M., 29
2. "I had the biggest crush on a high school junior who I knew from the debate team (I was a freshman). One evening, he came over to my house for pizza and a movie. The night went on and nothing was happening as we sat with a 10-foot pole between us, so he decided to call a cab home. As I went to hand him the phone, he leaned in to kiss me. Panicked, I said, ‘whoa, what are you doing?!’ and threw the phone at him. He replied, '...okay then.' After he called the cab he said, 'let's try this again,' and leaned in and planted one on me. I can't remember anything about it except that it was happening and how hard I was concentrating on not making his entire face wet with slobber." —Meagan D., 31
3. "My first kiss was at a Taylor Swift concert during the song 'Love Story'—how romantic, right? I was in my junior year of high school and was (still am) the biggest T. Swift fan. I was thriving in that moment!" —Kayla, H., 25
4. "I was 13-years-old when I had my first kiss ever with my then (and now!) boyfriend. I walked with him to the bus stop, hugged him, and he complimented my top from Wet Seal before our final goodbye for the day. We stared at each other, holding hands and giggling, and suddenly there it was—our first kiss on the bus steps in front of all our peers. We parted ways as planned, but felt the butterflies in my stomach and continued to think about that one kiss. It was just a peck on the lips and not a make out, but still so special. We texted each other about it seconds later." —Laura G., 26
5. "My first kiss ever was in the back of my family-friend's pickup truck, parked in a field in Pennsylvania. He became my high school boyfriend… and eventually, an aspiring country rapper, which makes me think he set that stage for a future song. But who's to say?" —Rosie B., 24
6. "Not my first kiss ever, but my first kiss with a certain someone... I was visiting family in Sweden, and I was out at a bar with my cousin. I was introduced to a friend of my cousin's, who happened to be from the Netherlands. He grabbed my hand and asked if I wanted to take a walk so he could give me a quick tour of the city. Little did he know, I had visited pretty much every summer since birth—but I went with it. We ended the 'tour' with a romantic kiss by the canals in old town." —Kristina K., 30
7. "Our first date was on a Monday night in November. We couldn't stop talking and closed down a wine bar in NYC. We stumbled outside and it was brisk, so I started shivering in my leather jacket. Noticing, she took off her scarf, swung it around my neck, and pulled me towards her. As we kissed for the first time, she told me she enjoyed how slow we took things. And who in New York takes their time?" —Jenny P., 31
8. "After just moving into our first apartment, my roommate and I threw a housewarming party. While everyone was throwing down winter sangria, a tall, unfamiliar male guest immediately caught my attention—my roommate's college friend from out of town. We started flirting and with each drink, our courage increased and any concern about PDA decreased. The night ended with a 'romantic' first kiss-slash-make-out... with me sitting on top of my stove in the middle of the party. We are still together four years later and will be making that sangria at our housewarming party!" —Courtney S., 27
9. "It's New Years Eve 2013, I'm recently single, devastated, and at a party where I only know a few people. A cute red-haired boy starts flirting with me and we're having a good time, until his friends decide they want to go elsewhere. We say an awkward goodbye with a hug and he leaves—and I'm bummed because he was the first guy since my breakup to show interest and I was hoping for something. The next thing I know, there's a knock on the door—he flies back into the apartment, says 'what was I thinking?' and pins me to the wall in the most romantic kiss I've ever had. I mean, hands holding my face gently, and passionately making out with me in front of everyone left at the party. Then he hands me a piece of paper with his number before he left. It was perfect." —Giselle C., 31
10. "I had just started hanging out with this guy and one night, we snuck off to my parent's lake house, but I had been up since 4:30 a.m. for work and was exhausted. There was only one couch, so we were laying together with a movie playing, but I rolled over to cuddle and fall asleep; our faces were basically touching, and he just had to move his lips ever so slightly to kiss me. It still makes my day to think about that memory!" —Lindsey M., 30
11. "My first lesbian kiss happened when I was 17-years-old. I was hanging out with my best friend, watching Steel Magnolias laughing, crying, and eating Red Vines. I reached into the box for another and it was empty—my BFF looked at me with the last piece of licorice hanging out of her mouth and shrugged, then said jokingly, 'want some?' I went in for a bite of the candy and next thing I knew, we were kissing. The kiss blew my mind and lead to an almost decade-long relationship. Although it didn't work out, we're still best friends to this day." —Lisa C., 35
12. "The first time my now-husband and I kissed was in his unfinished kitchen. We originally met through mutual friends, and after one night of drinking at the local pub, he asked me to come over. He offered me wine and I said yes, but he realized he didn't have any. Then, he offered me a beer, but didn't have that either. Instead, we took shots of Fireball in solo cups and chatted all night long. He eventually looked at me and told me I was different than other girls. Then we kissed—and the rest is history!" —Katie H., 27
13. "I was living in London for work and finally planned an outdoor coffee date with a British man I'd had feelings for for years, but we'd never been single at the same time until this moment. It started raining at the café, so he offered to make us tea at his place instead. As I'm drying off from the rain and he's making us earl grey tea, he took off his tortoise shell glasses and I just went for it—I kissed him for the first time in his kitchen after five years of missed connections." —Emma S., 33
14. "I had been crushing on this guy at work for a couple of months, so my friend and I finally schemed a group night outing. While everyone was posted up at the bar, he and I grabbed a booth and started talking. It was so loud in the club that he had to speak directly into my ear for me to hear him over the music. I told him his breath was tickling my ear and then he leaned in and kissed me. Fast-forward a few years, he's now my husband." —Sarah S., 31
15. "I'd had a crush on my sister's best friend since I was 18. I saw him randomly over the years and always thought of him as unattainable, until I finally asked him out last summer. We were saying goodnight at the end of his driveway and he gave me a peck on the lips—so I pulled him in for a longer kiss. The best part was when he pulled away with his eyes still closed and said, 'Ok, good.' It was as if he was saying, 'Ok good, got that over with,' or 'Ok good, I see where this could go.' My thought of course was, 'Finally.' We've been together ever since." —Christine N., 32
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.