Sex looks so hot on you, girl—like, literally. The euphoric bliss you feel after sex isn't just in your mind, it's also visible on your face, radiating from your skin, and even making your boobs look perkier too.
But how? Well, new research shows that post-sex bliss can last up to 48 hours. And what else sticks around? The beautifying benefits. Raise your hand if you've experienced any of the below lewks and lmk if you're, like, extra thirsty for a facial (ha) after reading.
Sexual action pings your nipples to stand up straight and your areola to become more prominent. It can also cause the tissue in your breasts to swell, leading to the appearance of a larger chest.
Getting busy unleashes a rush of endorphins that has an anti-inflammatory effects on your complexion. It also promotes a surge in estrogen, which enhances skin elasticity and collagen production. Translation: fewer wrinkles, more glow!
A spike in blood flow directly affects your mouth (you know, the one you used so expertly on your partner during foreplay), making your kisser actually look plumper.
Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose, but, like, actually. An onslaught of the feel-good hormone oxytocin leaves you delightfully mellow after the deed is done, promoting clear, alert eyes during daylight hours.
Rolling around in bed makes your heart race, increasing circulation and dilating blood vessels throughout your body. That's the magic behind a "sex blush" or "pretty rose cheeks."
And while these are potentially normal effects you may notice post-sex, here's a roundup of real women talking about the most interesting things they notice about the "afterglow."
- "The next morning after sex, I feel so skinny and lean and fit. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the workout the night before, but it just makes me feel like I'm in the best shape of my life and my body is capable of doing anything!” — Michelle T., 24
- "For some reason, I immediately crave ice cream. I have no idea why! I always keep some on-hand because I turn into a monster afterward. I'm not sure if it's maybe just the physical exercise part of it that makes me crave something sweet? But it's a thing!" — Madison R., 23
- "My hair always has so much more volume after—it's similar to the lifting effect of dry shampoo but without the products. And then it stays that way, like all tousled and pretty—especially after morning sex! I used to be concerned all of the friction and movement might frizz up my hair, but it usually does the exact opposite." — Jen F., 24
- "Sometimes immediately after sex, I feel my legs and hands go numb. It's not post-orgasm though, and it's not unpleasant. It's just like a light, little buzzy feeling." — Jane H., 25
- "There's something about getting laid that puts you in such a better mood. I'm more energized the next morning and I feel like a million bucks! Some friends even tell me I'm literally glowing after a good night." — Holly H., 24
- "I don’t know if it's just in my head, but my face feels so smooth afterward. I notice when I wash my face and it feels so much more smoother than normal. It's amazing!" — Elisa W., 24
- "With my skin, I naturally blush easily, but after sex, I immediately get the effect of blush without having to use any products. It's like the same type of glow I usually get after using vitamin C serum, and it lasts long." — Jen F., 24
Follow Taylor on Instagram.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.