- Forget having a formal dinner and grill up a giant panini. Brush pieces of rustic bread with melted butter, then pile on ham, thin pineapple slices, cheese (try Gruyere, Brie, or cheddar), and ground pepper. Cook in a hot frying pan for five minutes on each side, pressing down on the top piece of bread with a spatula.
- Sit at opposite ends of the tub and slowly massage each other’s feet. Keep an icy bucket of beer by the side of the bath or blast cool water from the showerhead for an instant refresher.
- Lock your cell phones in the car for 24 hours. Being incommunicado for a day will recharge your batteries.
- Meet up for a late dinner—say, at 10PM—at a restaurant that has a lounge with a good deejay. Have your friends join you at midnight for some thank-God-it’s-Friday partying.
- If you’re in the mood for take-out, order in ribs, but make it feel special by drinking a wine that complements the dish (in this case, a cabernet). Then eat them with your fingers... over candlelight.
- Program his Blackberry or cell phone calendar to go off at 11PM with a beeping reminder that says “Time to get naked.”
- Go to a cafe (or just sit along the Eastwood fountain or Bonifacio High Street) and people-watch. When a couple passes by you, tell each other what you think their life is like.
- Hit the mall, but make it fun for him by splitting up for 30 minutes to see who can buy the other person the best P200 gift.
- Take a tour together at a nearby museum, or try Carlos Celdran’s walking tours, then sit in the garden or courtyard and share your impressions.
- Rather than click into routine cleaning mode, shock him by kicking all of your clutter and dirty laundry under the bed. Brew an endless pot of coffee and leaf through the real estate section in your weekend paper or browse through a real-estate website like MyProperty.ph in search of your fantasy home (the rule: prices don’t count today). If it’s not too far from where you live, you could even check it out in person.
- Kick around a football in the park and ask him to teach you how to drop-kick it and bounce it off one knee.
- Share an iPod by placing one earpiece in each of your ears and listen to each other’s fave mellow tunes while you’re lying side by side on your bed or on a blanket outside.
- Send him a sexy text message—even though he’s in the kitchen and you’re in the bedroom.
- Put that chocolate-is-an-aphrodisiac rumor to the test and have a small tasting party that kicks off at 10:30PM. Invite your guy and some friends over to sample gourmet chocolates set out on nice plates (think dark truffles infused with ginger or champagne or pieces of mocha fudge). Take tiny bites to savor the flavors. Or, you can go to a place like Chocolate Fire (PDCP Building, Corner of Leviste Street and Rufino Street, Salcedo Village, open from 4PM to 2AM on weekends), where you can sample a varied selection of decadent chocolate treats!
- If you normally work out separately at the gym, exercise outside together. At twilight, just open your front door and go for a jog or a long walk through your neighborhood.
- Offer to house-sit for an out-of-town friend or book one night at a hotel or bed-and-breakfast that’s in a nearby town. The change of venue (and bed) will inspire a fresh nooky vibe. Check out the White Knight Hotel in Intramuros (where we shot our January 2011 cover girl Anne Curtis) for that old Manila feel. If you prefer to have an all-out VIP experience, book a room at the Marriott Hotel in Resorts World Manila, the venue of this month's cover story on Solenn Heussaff.
- Head to the closest bar that has pool or darts, or visit an arcade or amusement park and flirtily challenge him to a game.
- Target an eating-out spot where you can share small dishes—like tapas or sushi—and eat off each other’s plate, discovering delicious new tastes and textures together.
- Strip down and crash in bed early for once. If you happen to wake up a couple hours later, have sleepy sex and then feed each other leftovers…or better yet, bowls of ice cream.
- Call your local spa and schedule a relaxing duo rubdown in a couple’s room. (Tip: Ask if they offer 45-minute express treatments, which are often less pricey.) Try Sparga Wellness Spa (#1 Sta. Escolastica St. cor. Roxas Blvd., Pasay City, Tel. No. 02-8369143) for an affordable yet super-relaxing pampering session. Try to book the double room, which has its own hot tub where both of you can relax after getting a massage. A full-body 60-minute massage (Swedish, shiatsu, or combination) costs only P500/pax.
- Have sex on the couch instead of the bed.
- Hop online and visit a travel website like Travelbook.ph to plan your next weekend trip or summer vacay. Map out the route, hunting down bargain plane tickets, cute hotels, and restaurants you want to check out.
- Kick back in comfy clothes (with salty snacks like chips and dip) and settle in for a TV-show marathon.
- Do a laidback brunch instead. Linger at the table and savor fresh croissants with jam and pieces of cut fruit.
- Nap in his arms... even if it’s just for 15 minutes.
Additional reporting by Amie Perez