1. You will never want to stop cuddling with him ever. Nerdy guys are super affectionate and therefore, superior cuddlers by a mile. Eventually one of you will get hungry due to your marathon cuddling, but you will not want him to get up to get you food because the cuddling will stop and that will be the worst.
2. His hugs are no fucking joke. When you hug a nerdy guy, he pours every bit of everything he can't always express to you in that hug. So if he's been too nervous to tell you he thinks you are the coolest girl he's ever met in his whole life, you'll get that message when he hugs you and it rules.
3. He is passionate about all of the things. And none of those things are "getting drunk on absinthe while MOMOL-ing with strangers." Whether he's obsessed with TV or video games, when he loves something, he loves hard. And there are few things sexier than someone who loves to love things. Especially if that translates into sex stuff, which, in my experience, it always does.
4. If you start a joke with him, he will keep it going with you for hours. If you start a bit with a nerdy guy, he will take it and run with it like a football player who doesn't know where the field ends. He will take that ball into other counties, other cities, and maybe even other states because he's super creative and his imagination knows no bounds. For someone like me who lives for inventing other worlds with someone, this is outstandingly hot.
5. Making out with him now is basically like making out with the hot, nerdy guys you had crushes on in high school, if those guys actually knew what they were doing. Nerdy guys just get hotter over time. That's just a beautiful law of nature. An even more beautiful law of nature is that the older they get, they also get better at being sex and relationship partners. Nerdy guys truly are the gift that keeps on giving, I swear.
6. They don't just learn how to do something. They master it. One time I dated a nerdy guy and the first time he went down on me, it wasn't that great. We talked about it for a bit, and the next time I saw him, it was like he'd taken lessons with the creator of cunnilingus. Team nerdy boys forever, you guys. I swear.
7. He mentally tape records everything you say because it all matters to him. Nerdy guys usually have great memories, so that coupled with awesome listening skills means they remember everything you've ever told them because they think everything you say is wonderful.
8. He's accepted his body so he accepts yours. Whether he thinks he's too thin or too heavy or too tall or too short, he's already accepted that he's not what the world thinks a man should look like, so he doesn't expect you to look like what the world thinks a woman should look like. This alone is the biggest sigh of relief.
9. He respects your boundaries without you even needing to ask. Nerdy guys only want to do something with you if you want them to do it too. Sure, he might not grab you unexpectedly to make out with you without knowing how you feel, but let me tell you something, that's way hotter than having some guy you're not into do that and wish he hadn't.
10. He will slowly but surely win you over in the best possible way. Nerdy guys are not aggressive by nature, but that doesn't mean they're not persistent. If a nerdy guy likes you, he'll steadily make sure you know he likes you, without making you feel pressured to know what you want. He'll be there, whenever you're ready, hoping you come around. And if you don't, he still wants to know you. This is the hottest thing.
11. He's your biggest fan. In my experience, nerds don't date girls unless they think you are basically a hot superhero who created the moon and television and electricity and also space and time, and will go out of their way to make sure you feel like that all the time too. He thinks—nay, he knows—you're going to take over the world and he's excited to watch you do it.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.