1. You don't have to worry about how you look.
Sweatpants. Sweatshirt. Sweat-everything. When you commit to being lazy as a couple, you free yourselves from the shackles of expectation.
2. You never have to do that thing where one of you pretends they really, really wants to go to the gym so the other one tags along.
Secretly, you both wish you were still sprawled out on your couch, in your pajamas, splitting a bag of Cheetos. When you're truly lazy together, you just live that dream.
3. No need for long group texts to make weekend plans; you know you're going to have a binge-watching marathon.
Yes, binge-watching is already the act of marathoning through a show. A binge-watch marathon is when you binge-watch binge-watching. Your weekend is literally just throwing on an entire season of Scandal and hibernating on your couch until it's Sunday night and one of you has to shower.
4. Naps on naps on naps on naps.
Do you feel like falling asleep right where you're sitting among empty beer bottles and a bunch of Piattos crumbs? Go ahead. You literally have no plans. Just let sleep take you.
5. You're getting legit quality time.
Say what you will about going to clubs and getting drunk and trying to have a meaningful conversation. Lazy weekend? Grade-A cuddling and talking. Also probably sex.
6. Being home together = more sex.
The nice thing about sitting around at home is you're always about 30 seconds and a layer of clothing away from being naked with each other.
7. Unstressed couples are happier.
Sometimes, you just need to come home and literally do the bare minimum. You were working all week; you deserve it.
8. You can really be your true selves.
Be weird as hell. Or be a greasy slob in pajamas. That's OK. There's no pretense here.
9. Lost weekends are a judgment-free zone.
Do whatever you want. Spend an hour in the bathroom because you fell asleep. Eat a pickle and a block of cheddar for lunch.
10. You're always well-rested.
You don't understand how your friends are always "exhausted." What does this word mean?
11. Your schedule is always clear.
Hypothetically, if you ever wanted to go out, you could. It's nice to know that.
12. You virtually eliminate chores and cleaning.
When you wear the same thing all weekend you have a whole lot less laundry.
13. Your friends never expect you to go out.
And fewer invitations means fewer awkward conversations when you have to decline them. Plus, you're a hit when you do actually show up.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.