With endless papers, projects, and plates to stress you out, having your college sweetie by your side can turn any bad day into a good one. Here, seven truths university couples reveal about themselves and the realities behind college romances.
1. Dates and hohols are not always at fancy restaurants and movie houses.
"Most of the time nagtitipid kami so anywhere inside the school is good. At times when we don’t feel like eating, we would go to the library para mag-aral nang sabay." – Theresa and Reynard, University of Sto. Tomas
2. Couples also pull pranks on each other, just like normal friends do.
"One time, we were taking a nap inside the library while waiting for our class. She woke up first and saw my mouth wide open while snoring. Of course she grabbed her phone and made the most out of the situation!" – Alex and Rafael, De La Salle University
3. Love at first sight? It doesn’t always work that way.
"When I first saw him, I felt that he was a snob. Tahimik lang siya, nasa sulok ng room. Parang hindi nage-exist nung first day.
"Parang pasosyal pa nga siya nung time na yun eh. Hay." – Thalia and Joseph, Adamson University
4. Dating someone from the same block can have its disadvantages,too.
"Minsan kasi pag may away, sobrang awkward lalo na pag classmates kayo and you have the same circle of friends. 'Pag may misunderstandings, pansin agad nila and apektado pati barkada." – Lyra and Kimwell, National University
"Syempre may sariling barkada din naman, pero 'di maiiwasang kailangan samahan namin yung isa't isa pag walang kasama. Parang yung mundo namin sa amin na lang umiikot." - Rami and Kamille, University of the East
5. But despite the misunderstandings, these couples always make sure to make up at the end of the day.
"What’s important is that we value each other more than our pride. As much as possible, we try to resolve our conflict within the day. Fights and misunderstandings are just tests. Once we get past those tests, we come out stronger as a couple." –Chloe and Miguel, Ateneo de Manila University
6. Having a relationship in college is not just about the label, but being by each other’s side every step of the way.
"Our relationship is one of the best, most consistent things we hold on to, as we continue to inspire and motivate each other everyday." –Migs and Cash, University of the Philippines Diliman
7. "Walang forever" and "Magbe-break din kayo" are their hatest phrases EVER.
"Bakit kailangan pa sabihin yun? May moments na sweet kayo sa isa’t isa tapos biglang may titingin ng masama. Ano yun?" – Jenn and Denn, Far Eastern University