1. “I’m working on being more romantic again. I think this is probably pretty common, but I was very romantic and taking my girlfriend out on lots of dates… I was romancing a lot. We’ve been together for six years and you kinda get too comfortable. So I want to get like that again.” —Jordan, 29
2. “We’re putting a hard stop on answering work emails once we get home, unless it’s an emergency, obviously. We’re trying to use our phones less in general, and we both work at big companies and are getting lots of emails even after we leave, so we figured this was a step in the right direction." —Adam, 28
3. “My resolution is to stop looking for the negative in every relationship. I have a tendency to break it off with girls after a few dates because I always convince myself it will never work out for one reason or another. It definitely falls back on me and some of my hangups. I guess I need to be less guarded.” —David, 26
4. “I've been working on this for a bit, but I have to actively work to not interrupt or talk over my girlfriend during conversations. So I have to tell myself to not talk and to just listen to all her points until she's done talking.” —Christopher, 27
5. “My resolution is to have a baby. Well, it’s my wife’s and mine. She knows about the resolution. Obviously. I can’t do this without her.” —Ryan, 29
6. “I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for, but I need to be less of a pushover with my fiancée. I let her have her way too much, and it’s not even that she’s aggressive; I just say yes too easily or without thinking about it. I’m too much of a people-pleaser in general, really.” —Tony, 28
7. “I just want to convince someone to go out with me, honestly. Does that count as a resolution?” —Brian, 26
8. “Less PDA. Apparently, we’ve made a few people uncomfortable.” —Kyle, 26
9. “This is so lame but my girlfriend and I are totally doing the ‘don’t go to bed angry’ thing. We always fight about little things, that’s just how we are. We just love to argue or whatever. But we’re making sure that by the time we go to bed, whatever dumb argument we had is behind us.” —Sam, 28
10. “This isn’t something we started on New Year’s Day, but we both agreed to stop venting about work when we get home. We get a two-minute window each and then we’re done. It’s just not worth expending the energy on.” —Jeff, 27
11. “We’re basically done with Netflix at our place. We spend way too much time just sitting around watching it. I have a feeling this resolution is going to last all of a week.” —Pete, 28
Follow Frank on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.