The first time you taste IRL semen, it’s an…experience. Whether you love it, you hate it, you spit it out, or you swallow that thing faster than purple cough syrup, you probably have never really thought about its flavor.
Even for the most ~experienced~ ladies, realistically, it’s likely you’ve never kept this substance in your mouth long enough to let your taste buds, like, fully taste? So you may have some questions, too.
So if you’re new to this altogether or just curious about WTF the weird, sometimes white, sometimes yellow, creamy, slimy jizz coming from your man is like, here’s what 11 women have to say.
- “The texture and look is similar to cinnamon roll icing that has been out of the oven sitting for 15, maybe 20 minutes. But instead of it being sweet, it’s salty—yet not like any other salty snacks you’ve had before.” —Virginia, 27
- “It’s a tolerable taste, but not something you would choose to snack on if it were an actual food item. The aftertaste lingers, leaving you with ‘sucking-dick breath,’ and the saltiness eventually fades away.” —Michelle, 24
- “It tastes almost like salty vomit…but you’re not exactly grossed out by it, but it still tastes funny and weird. Like when you vomit in your mouth maybe!” —Caitlin, 25
- “The texture is like mucous—the kind you have stuck in the back of your throat. Warm, salty mucous.” —Adrienne, 24
- “Honestly, I don’t think it tastes like much. The best way I’d describe it is slightly bitter water! It doesn’t taste as bad as people might think.” —Veronica, 29
- “I think it tastes like oysters, but I hate oysters. So in other words, it’s slightly bitter and slimy yet somehow bland at the same time.” —Hannah, 25
- “It tastes like you took some cheap hotel shampoo and dumped an insane amount of salt in it. Not a fan.” —Caroline, 23
- “It’s the texture of watered-down Elmer’s glue with a dash of salt added for flavor.”
- “It’s like congealed coconut water. It’s not bad, it’s just like…a strong presence in your mouth that’s flavorless.” —Haley, 25
- “It tastes like old coins. Like, musty old coins. Really.” —Rachel, 24
- “Thick milk. Actually, not thick—thicc.” —Gina, 29
Oh, and P.S. No matter what semen does or doesn’t taste like, remember: It’s totally your call whether you spit, swallow, or don’t do anything with it at all. Oral sex is your decision—so do with it what you want, girl!
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.