I was in a Clubhouse room about Instagram tips and the key speakers said that captions are the bridge to your posts. This means that the captions should support the visuals and help you engage with your followers. It raises the chances of getting more comments and likes—and if your account is public, you may just land on other people's Explore page.
With that in mind, I collected the best captions you can use for your outfit posts. Although, you won't always be in a dressing-up mode, bookmarking this page may come in handy soon! (BTW, we've produced 52 options—one for each week of the year!)
Keep on scrolling to see the best outfit captions for your Instagram posts:
The Very Best Outfit Captions For Instagram
Stick with the classics
Fashion quotes from stylish personalities will always work.
- "I can’t concentrate in flats." –Victoria Beckham
- "Buy less. Choose well. Make it last. Quality, not quantity." –Vivienne Westwood, The Telegraph
- "I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time." –Lady Gaga
- "Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak."–Rachel Zoe
- "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world." –Marilyn Monroe
- "Fashion is like music, we all have to make our own tune." –Karl Lagerfeld
- "Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping." –Bo Derek
Kardashian-Jenner unforgettable quotes
The reality show fam has got clever quotes that could match your OOTD posts.
- "I am the view." –Kourtney Kardashian
- "If you’re not into what I’m posting, don’t look." –Kim Kardashian
- "I take, like, 500 selfies to get one I like." –Kylie Jenner
- "You're cute jeans." –Kendall Jenner
Steal a famous quote from the movies
Cliché, but these work!
- "Florals for spring?" Groundbreaking." –Miranda Priestly, The Devil Wears Prada
- "Can you please spell Gabbana?" –Andrea Sachs, The Devil Wears Prada
- "I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color." –Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
- "Where’s my white collarless shirt from Fred Segal? It’s my most capable looking outfit!" –Cher Horowitz, Clueless
- "You don't understand, this is an Alaia... It's like a totally important designer." –Cher Horowitz, Clueless
- "Don’t stomp your little last season Prada shoes at me, honey."–Enrique Salvatore, Legally Blonde
- "I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet." –Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
Just basic captions that will work for any fashion aesthetic.
- Chic happens.
- I'm still not over this 'fit.
- Never underestimate the power of a great outfit.
- You can never own too many shoes.
- Dressed to chill.
- I'm nicer when I like my outfit.
- Everything is better in pink.
- On Wednesdays, I wear black.
- Orange you gonna stop and look?
- Shopping is my cardio.
- Dress like you're already famous.
When you're having a big MOOD
You know what I mean: You're oozing with BDE!
- Can't talk. Busy being fab.
- Dress up and show up.
- My ex doesn't go with my outfit.
- Too glam to give a damn.
- Shoutout to myself 'cos I look great.
- Don't hate what you can't imitate.
- Oversized tee, oversized attitude
- IDK, IDK, IDGAF
- Pathetic but aesthetic
Say it with a song (write song lyrics)
Another failsafe choice would be to use song lyrics.
- "Darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream." –Taylor Swift, "Blank Space"
- "On a scale of one to ten I'm at 100." –Ariana Grande, "The Way"
- "Fresh photos with the bomb lighting."–Lizzo, "Truth Hurts"
- "I'm no Cinderella, but I like the shoes."–Ashnikko, "Daisy"
- "One day I'll be a star and they'll be sorry."–Tame Impala, "Why Won't They Talk To Me"
Use a trending caption
If you can't get the words out of your head, just use 'em!
- Tell me you love pink without telling me that you love pink.
- I am *that girl*
- I am the main character.
- It's a hot girl summer.
- I did it for the 'gram.
When you really don't know know what to type
At a loss for words? Try these!
- Wish I was good with captions
- Help me with the caption!
- Random emojis
Follow Ira on Instagram.
MORE INSTAGRAM CAPTION IDEAS HERE: