A waistcoat is definitely the new go-to piece for celebrities these days. And understandably so, this menswear-inspired item channels boyish charm with just the right amount of femininity that makes it such an irresistible closet staple. Unlike its knit sweater vest counterpart, a waistcoat feels more breezy to wear, making it a stylish go-to during hot days.
Below, we round up several ways we’ve seen local celebs style this piece, proving that this fashion trend is here to stay.
LOOK: Celebrity-Approved Ways to Style a Waistcoat
1. Jinkee Pacquiao’s love for colorful ensembles is evident as she donned a sky blue waistcoat and matching pants set. Showing us that more can sometimes be more, she accessorized her vibrant outfit with an equally bright orange Jodie bag from Bottega Venetta.
The socialite again sported another colorful waistcoat, this time in a sunny yellow shade! She chose to style it with a ruffle beige skirt, a white baseball cap, and a yellow Dior hobo bag.
ICYDK, a waistcoat can actually make for a great layering piece over an outfit rather than just under. Taking style cues from Jinkee, she threw on a white waistcoat over her flowy coffee-colored jumpsuit that definitely elevated her overall look!
2. Never one to shy away from a sexy piece is Kylie Versoza who chose a cropped version of a waistcoat! As seen here, her black top flattered her cinched waist as she teamed it with a brown mini skirt and a black leather belt.
3. If you’re drawing blanks on how to style your waistcoat, do as Kathryn Bernardo does and start by choosing a specific color palette. In the actress’ case, she opted to go for neutrals as she paired her patterned brown waistcoat together with latte-colored trousers and a brown Louis Vuitton backpack.
4. Rei Germar also chose to go the daring route with a cropped iteration of the waistcoat, but the influencer’s piece came in a tweed fabric.
5. Save yourself the trouble of putting together an entirely new outfit and don a co-ord set just like Camille Co! Her specific one came from the local brand NinetyNinety Studios and features a flattering waistcoat with an adjustable back and baggy pants.
6. Liza Soberano's style leans towards the androgynous side, what with her love for oversized outerwear and baggy trousers evident on her IG. So it comes as no surprise that she’s also been spotted wearing a waistcoat OOTD! Stylist Perry Tabora styled her neutral ensemble with a pair of black heels and punctuated it with Bulgari jewelry.
7. One may think that only a cropped waistcoat is the only option for showing off some skin, but here to convince us that an oversized piece can also serve the same purpose is Bianca Umali. Here, the actress’ extra large waistcoat manages to highlight her décolletage area as she gives the camera a sultry gaze.
8. Proving that an all-white 'fit will never fail you is none other than Heart Evangelista! The 37-year-old was pictured in her own waistcoat OOTD, making her the most stylish at her niece's christening.
Heart wore another light neutral ensemble on her trip to France, this time comprising of a cream-colored waistcoat and shorts combo.
Preview is now on Quento! Click here to download the app for iOS and Android and enjoy more articles and videos from Preview and your favorite websites!