If fashion’s It girls are any indication, these days, hands are way overrated. Women like Sandara Park, Liz Uy, and Kim Jones are foregoing practicality for attention to detail—when it comes to sleeves, the longer and more voluminous, the better. We’re talking lengths that extend past fingertips, fabrics that billow away, and sleeves that start slim before flaring out.
Here’s how 8 women are interpreting the trend:
1. Trust Sandara to give everything a streetwear spin.
Her latest outfit combination consists of an oversized man’s shirt, cropped denim jeans, and box-fresh Yeezy Boost 350 V2s.
2. Another early adapter, Liz Uy favors architectural shapes and origami-like folds combined with ultra-long slitted sleeves.
3. Kim Jones updates wardrobe classics—in this case, a crisp shirt, denim jeans, and nude pumps—with quirky touches, long sleeves included.
4. If hot weather is a concern (and really, when was it not?), a sheer lace top is your best bet.
Try it for night with a midi skirt and slingback flats.
5. Bare shoulders are not dying down any time soon.
Update your favorite off-shoulder top with huge poet sleeves.
6. If you haven't noticed, oversized silhouettes are also big this season.
Get the look for less by raiding your boyfriend or brother’s closet for roomy sweatshirts.
7. There’s something effortlessly cool about longer-than-usual sleeves.
Pair yours with high-waist jeans and beat-up sneakers on lazy weekends.
8. An all-white ensemble is eye-catching on its own.
Take it one step further with dramatic bell sleeves and seriously chic accessories.
Follow Patricia on Instagram.