A plain white tee is a versatile basic that's useful to have in the closet—and so is a black T-shirt! This underrated casual staple will come in handy when taming down colored or printed pants and blazers. Its dark color also tends to conceal imperfections and creases, so you might want to reach for it on those days when you want to dress comfortably yet still appear put-together for work. To inspire you, here are a few easy ways you can style your black tee:
1. Pull off a casual-chic look by tucking a black tee into a floral or printed midi skirt.
Finish off the dainty lewk with a pair of kitten heels!
2. Dress up a plain black tee by pairing it up with your tailored slacks!
FN Tip: Tie the entire look together with a leather belt.
3. For a refreshing smart-casual attire, why not wear a black tee under a suit?
4. Accessorize with predominantly gold accessories for a luxe touch.
5. Tuck a plain black tee into a matching black midi skirt for an elegant look that you can wear beyond office hours.
FN Tip: To keep an all-black outfit from looking too heavy, opt for a contrasting footwear! You can ground the look with a white or colored pair of shoes.