So called because they’re fitted at the waist and hips before flaring out into a fishtail silhouette, mermaid or serpentine gowns are guaranteed to help you make an entrance. They’re perfect for showing off an hourglass figure, and ideal for girls who want to do away with bulky volume—but not the drama.
1. Spanish influences via a tiered salsa skirt
2. Head-to-toe lace is our idea of perfection
3. Understated elegance at its finest
4. An off-shoulder neckline draws the eyes up
5. Accentuate your décolletage with a corset-like bodice
6. Just how stunning is this?
7. Sheer jeweled panels dial up the glamour
8. A timeless style for the traditional bride
9. Inject character with a cutout neckline and a tulle skirt
10. Put your hair up to better show off a strapless gown
Follow Patricia on Instagram.