When you’re blessed with curves that can put Beyoncé or Kim Kardashian to shame, hiding it under mounds of fabric is the worst thing you can do. Doing so won’t mask things you’re unconfident about—it will actually only make you look bigger!
The solution? A streamlined silhouette that flatters your curves and creates the look of a longer, leaner frame. Fitted dresses and skirts that hit just above or below your knees manage to do just that—the fabric clings to your body in all the right ways, enhancing your shape. The result is sexy without being revealing, plus the look is guaranteed to boost your morale!
Check out how these ladies style the look and pick up pointers from them:
1. Yes, you can wear crop tops. Feeling conscious? Top off your look with a jacket that hits just below your waist to camouflage ample hips.
2. When you're wearing a midi dress, it makes sense to reveal more up top. Show off your décolletage—it’s something to be proud of!
3. Tucking in your top is often a smart move, as it creates an hourglass shape. Footwear-wise, you really can’t go wrong with barely there nude heels that lengthen your legs.
4. Horizontal stripes are trickier to pull off than vertical ones, but this outfit certainly shows you can do it. Opt for a fit that falls naturally on your curves instead of smothering them, to avoid the dreaded sausage look!
5. Pencil skirts and fitted dresses are your best friends at work. Layer a long vest over a tailored dress to make things more interesting—trust us, this won’t add bulk to your frame!
Follow Patricia on Instagram.