When you've got your locks dyed in a different hue, you have to take extra care of 'em. Maintaining your tresses' vibrant color calls for a change in your hair care routine. Conditioners and hair masks are necessary to keep them from getting brittle. As for shampoo, you have to be label-conscious and check if they are sulfate-free.
What are the best mild shampoo brands perfect for colored hair?
Sulfate is a chemical compound that acts as a detergent or an agent that lifts dirt away from the follicles and scalp. This ingredient causes hair dye to fade quickly. And because sulfate-free shampoo is hard to find in the Philippines and can be expensive, we searched and tested the best budget-friendly mild shampoos for colored hair. Pick from our recommendations below!
1. A drugstore find that preserves your dye job and hydrates your locks to prevent them from getting brittle.
L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo, P350, Watsons
2. This purple shampoo tones down brassiness (the rusty orange undertone found in Asian hair).
Beachborn Classy Not Brassy Purple Shampoo, P350, www.beachborn.ph
3. This organic shampoo contains pearl essence and macadamia oil that keep your mane shiny and bouncy.
Leyende Rapunsilk Shampoo, P350, www.leyende.com
4. A mild cleansing cream that leaves chemically-treated hair silky and soft.
Yves Rocher Low Shampoo, P395, SM Southmall
5. Enhance the brilliance of your dyed locks with this shampoo boosted with lavender oil and chamomile extract.
Organix Lavender Platinum Shampoo, P499.75, SM Beauty
6. This gentle shampoo prevents brassy and yellow tones from appearing and is safe for everyday use.
L’Oreal Professionel Serie Expert Vitamino Soft Cleanser, P691, Basement Salon
7. Improve the radiance of chemically-lightened hair with every wash of this professional-grade shampoo.
Davines Minu Shampoo, P1,090, HairMNL
Follow Ira on Instagram.