Sorry, no results were found for

Yikes! This Woman's Makeup Mirror Set Her Desk On Fire

Talk about a real beauty disaster.

​Setting up the perfect vanity to recreate all your fave makeup tutorials can be a fun addition to your bedroom, but always make sure to clean up after you're done. As one woman found out, the price of leaving your makeup mirror out can be huge.

On Tuesday, beauty lover Kasey Ault arrived home to find her home full of smoke from a fire, which was likely started as a result of her makeup mirror reflecting light, possibly from the sun.

While she's grateful that her three dogs and five cats were OK, and that the fire didn't reach her wooden desk or anything else that could have led to the whole building burning down, she did decide to post the frightening images to warn others.

She detailed her story in a Facebook post, along with two terrifying photos:

[fb:https://www.facebook.com/kasey.dickson.77/posts/548621428625949:fb]

In the comments, she called it the "scariest thing that's ever happened" to her—a sentiment anyone could understand given the circumstances and what she could have potentially lost had the fire spread.

Let this be a lesson to us all: Next time you do your makeup near the window using a mirror, always remember to put it away.

***

This article originally appeared on Goodhousekeeping.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.