1. Jon Snow’s hair may be big but it certainly ain’t full of secrets. Arguably the biggest cliffhanger from Season 5 was whether Jon Snow was really dead. But Kit Harington has pretty much let the cat out the bag with this one. Aside from the fact that he kept his locks long, he was in Belfast during filming. So is Melisandre going to work her magic on him or what? He gave an interview to Humo magazine which pretty much confirms he’ll be back on our screens.
Harington: I had to pass on amazing parts because I was attached to Game of Thrones. So the show is like a double-edged sword to me: I owe a lot to it, but at the same time it has almost completely drained me. Oh well, I try not to think about it too much. The important thing is that I now know exactly how long I am still under contract, and in the meantime—
Humo: How many more seasons would that be?
Harington: Nice try [laughs]. I can’t talk about that. Let’s just say that Game of Thrones will remain a part of my life for a while, I’ll probably be in my thirties when it’s over.
Kit is only 28, FYI.
2. Aussie actress Essie Davis has joined the cast. According to Variety.com, Essie will be playing a version of Cersei Lannister. WHUT? #GoTception!
3. The stuff your nerdy wet dreams are made of. An extremely hot Harry Potter + Game of Thrones mashup is here in the form of Freddie Stroma. Freddie played Cormac McLaggen (Ron’s sort of love rival) in Harry Potter and he’ll be joining the GoT cast as Samwell Tarly’s younger brother, Dickon.
4. It looks like Theon could be going back to the Iron Islands. According to Watchers on the Wall, Alfie Allen has been spotted by multiple sources filming alongside the Ironborn, including his sister Yara and Uncle Euron.
5. Bran and Hodor are (almost) definitely back.
6. And Rickon Stark could also be set for a comeback. Wonder if the remaining Stark kids will ever reunite?
7. PLEASE BE TRUE. Entertainment Weekly reported Richard E. Grant has been cast in “undisclosed roles.” His online resume was updated to include Game of Thrones before mysteriously vanishing again…ooooh.
8. In other casting news, Ian McShane has joined the cast. But we don’t know who he’s playing. Fan people think he’s going to fill the role of Ser Randyll Tarly.
9. Lord Walder Frey will return in Season 6. Y’know, the dude who was responsible for the Red Wedding. Actor David Bradley said the following: “I do look forward to it, because I do love playing someone so irredeemable. I’m afraid he makes me laugh because he’s so appalling that there’s a kind of dark humor in there somewhere.”
10. Ned Stark is back. But not Sean Bean (if this ever happens, we will be losing our shit). This little cutester, Sebastian Cross, is playing mini Ned in some flashback shizzle.