1. "Taylor Swift is such a serial dater!" Oh, you mean a 24-year-old woman who has dated more than one man in her entire life? Just because we know who all her exes are doesn't mean she has any more than anyone else. Plus, she's been single just as long as anyone.
2. "Taylor Swift always writes songs about her exes. It's so immature." Wow. You know who else wrote songs about their exes? Just everybody, from the Beatles to the Rolling Stones to the soon-to-be-divorced couple who headed Fleetwood Mac to Adam Levine to Kanye West and zillions of others. But because T-Swizzle is a young woman instead of a slightly older rocker, it's "immature." Whatever.
3. "Taylor Swift has too many 'best friends.'" Just because she's taken Instas with a wide variety of female twentysomething celebs doesn't mean she claims to be BFFs with all of them. Like most of us, she's got close friends, party friends, and probably that one friend everyone hates secretly.
4. "Taylor Swift is pathetic." Tell me more about the pathetic, gorgeous, Grammy-winning millionaire.
5. "Taylor Swift's best friend is her cat." You'd be your cat's best friend too if this were your cat.
6. "She doesn't write her own songs." First of all: Yes she does. Secondly: Nobody else does.
7. "She's just for little girls." Actually, circa Speak Now, Taylor has been around the block enough to be relatable to your average mid-20s girl. It took going through three stages of dating—the boring boy next door (Joe Jonas), the dumb "hot" guy (Taylor Lautner), the big heartbreak (John Mayer)—but she's got some pretty grown-up material (and baggage) these days. She's lived and loved and … hang on, I have something in my eye.
8. "All her songs sound the same." They definitely don't. Have you listened to more than one song?
9. "Taylor Swift cannot dance." OK, you've got me there. BUT NEITHER CAN YOU.
10. "Beyoncé did deserve to win for best video." I'm not gonna let you finish.
11. "She's obviously dating guys just so she can write about them." She's obviously letting hugely famous male celebrities take huge dumps on her heart so she can write a song or two about them? I don't think so. The writing is part of the healing process, you guys! Have you ever ruined your own personal life just for a really interesting blog entry? No.
12. "Who would date her now?" Now? As in "She's such an old village-bicycle crone that nobody would want her now?" She looks like a model, knows how to be silly, makes homemade lavender lemonade, and owns three houses. What planet are you living on?
13. "She's so uptight, I bet she never wants to have sex." Ohh, I get it, you're one of those people who only sees the obvious: Taylor Swift must hate sex because she likes cats and antiquing, and Megan Fox must love sex because boobs. It ain't that simple. Sorry.
14. "Taylor Swift is so fake." Just because she gets super-excited when she wins at awards shows? She's human, dude. I LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT.
15. "Taylor Swift is setting feminism back." Wait. I. What? Is it because she enjoys boys and dating them? And writes music about them? Feminism means having the freedom to do that—or whatever it is that you want to do, as a woman—without being judged for it. Nothing "sets feminism back" except reductive, close-minded ideas of what feminism means.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.