So Channing Tatum got on Reddit and opened an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread, where he personally answered his fans' questions. He posted, "What’s up, reddit. Chan here. With the premiere of Magic Mike XXL coming up in a few weeks, I thought I’d expose myself…to your questions. For the next hour, ask away!"
Here's what we found out about "Chan." <3
1. He likes to play video games. “But I don’t get to do it at all because I become obsessed with them. The last one I got obsessed with was Far Cry 3.”
2. He’s not techie. When asked how long that “HAHAHAHAHAHA” e-mail took to type, he replied with, “I hit the ‘H’ and ‘A’ for a long time before I realized I could copy and paste.”
3. His penis has a name. It’s Gilbert.
4. His favorite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly, with a special ingredient. He shoves Cheetos in his PB&J. MUST. TRY.
5. But other than that, he’s not very adventurous with food. “I’m kinda boring.” He just likes pepperoni and cheese on his pizza, and his favorite ice cream is also “kind of boring”: cookie dough.
6. He ignores a few questions, which is pretty cool and mysterious. “If you had a love child with Peyton Manning, would he be named Peyton Tatum or Channing Manning?”
7. Clubbing got him into dancing. “I straight learned how to dance in the club. I don't know how to describe it [in] any other way. I never took a dance class or anything. I think I was always fascinated by physical things. But I can’t tell you I had any training other than going out to Florida clubs and getting sweaty.” Amazeballs!
8. He gets lost in Matt Bomer’s eyes. “No matter if you're a man, woman, cat, hamster, you will get lost in Matt Bomer’s eyes. I don't know what they are made of outside of dreams and rainbows and amazingness but it truly doesn’t matter.”
9. He loves Pinterest. That’s his favorite thing to do when he’s having a bad day. “Swear to God. Just to not think about all the shit I have to do or what’s going wrong, I just go and look at Pinterest. Or Flipboard.”
10. His favorite Disney character is the broom from Fantasia. I’ve never heard this one before. Me likey!
11. He doesn’t look to merely survive; he wants to live! A user asked Channing, “You can only bring three things to an island for the rest of your life. What are they and why?”
His reply: “How about a magical seashell that’s always filled with bourbon. And I would like a magical palm tree that had a lot of shade with, instead of coconuts, there’s just peanut butter jelly sandwiches with cheetos underneath. And my wife that is always happy and possibly naked.”
12. He gives decent advice. Another user asked, “My fiancé says if I don’t have a body like yours by next summer, she’s leaving me. Any pointers for a sweet six-pack?”
His reply: “If you have to have abs for her to stay with you, [it] might be a sign for you to reevaluate how much she loves you. I don’t know. Running, dawg. Running and situps.”
13. He’s self-aware and he can laugh at himself! A user asked, “How many times is too many times to see Step Up? I think I may have a problem.”
Channing Tatum replied with, “Hahahahaha! I guess you need to see it as many times as it takes you to realize how bad my acting is in it. And fast forward to the dancing parts after that.”
14. He’s got a sense of humor. Check out these exchanges.
A user typed “Do you do a full frontal in Magic Mike XXL? Asking for a friend.”
Channing responded “Haha 'for a friend' I do not do full frontal but I can promise you when you’re standing in front of a bunch of people in a very small thong it doesn’t leave a lot to the imagination. Your 'friend' should be happy.”
“What’s the movie you’re most proud of to have been in? Is it She’s the Man? I hope it’s She’s the Man.”
“My favorite movie that I’ve been a part of is Magic Mike, wait scratch that. It’s Step Up. Where I met my wife. Because if I don't say that my wife will kill me.”
15. But he wants to be Joffrey in Game of Thrones. Channing, WHY???
Learn more about Channing on his Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) page!
Follow Stephanie on Twitter.