1. "There are no secrets at our house. We tell the kids, 'Mom and Dad are going off to kiss.' They go, 'Eww, gross!' But we demand it." —Brad, to USA Weekend
2."Brad was a huge surprise to me. I, like most people, had a very distant impression of him from ... the media. Because of the film [Mr. & Mrs. Smith], we ended up being brought together to do all these crazy things, and I think we found this strange friendship and partnership that kind of just suddenly happened. I think a few months in I realized, 'God, I can't wait to get to work.' ... Anything we had to do with each other, we just found a lot of joy in it together and a lot of real teamwork. We just became kind of a pair." —Angelina, to People
3. "She's still a bad girl. Delightfully so. It's not for public consumption." —Brad, to CBS This Morning
4. "The children certainly tie us together, but a relationship won't hold if it's only about the kids. You also must be really interested in each other and have a really, really wonderful, exciting time together. We do. Brad and I love being together. We enjoy it. We need it, and we always find that special time." —Angelina, to Parade
5. "I get up some mornings and gasp." —Brad, to E! News
6. "We've been through so much. We've gotten a lot closer, which I think naturally happens with raising a family together. You have history. You have so many memories. All your memories are based on time together, so you don't have separate experiences. You have this person you live with who really knows you, and you know them so well. You're not lovers or boyfriend and girlfriend as much as you are a family." —Angelina, to People
7. "I have love in my life, a soul mate—absolutely." —Brad, to Parade
8. "I am very lucky with Brad. He is a real gentleman, but he is also a real man's man. He's got the wonderful balance of being an extraordinary, great, loving father, a very, very intelligent man, and, physically, he's a real man ... in all things that it means." —Angelina, to The Telegraph
9. "Of course I want her approval. Angie is a force, she cares deeply. I want her to be proud of her man." —Brad, to Daily Mail
10. "Brad has always been such a wonderful and loving father. It's such a beautiful and sexy quality in a man when he takes his responsibilities as a father very seriously. I still get very emotional when I watch Brad play with the children—he is so naturally devoted and joyful around them." —Angelina, to Showbiz Spy
11. "You get together and you're two individuals and you feel inspired by each other, you challenge each other, you complement each other, drive each other beautifully crazy. After all these years, we have history—and when you have history with somebody, you're friends in such a very real, deep way that there's such a comfort, and an ease, and a deep love that comes from having been through quite a lot together." —Angelina, to Elle
12."One of the greatest, smartest things I ever did was give my kids Angie as their mom. She's such a great mom. Oh, man, I'm so happy to have her. With a partner like Angie, I know that when I'm working, the kids are happy, safe, and prospering. And when Angie's working, she knows she has the same." —Brad, to Parade
13. "It does feel different. It feels nice to be husband and wife." —Angelina, to Vanity Fair
14. "It's surprising how much I enjoy the direction of my wife. She's decisive, incredibly intuitive, and might I say sexy at her post. I trust her with my life." —Brad, to V Magazine
15. "I knew through the surgeries that he was on my side and that this wasn't something where I was gonna feel less of a woman because my husband wasn't gonna let that happen. To face these issues together and speak about them and talk about what it is to be human, I think can be a beautiful thing." —Angelina, on the Today show
16. "She has always been the brave, bold individual that I fell for—and sexy as ever." —Brad, at the premiere of World War Z
17. "I'm still a bad girl. I still have that side of me. … It's just in its place now. … It belongs to Brad or … our adventures." —Angelina, on 60 Minutes
18. "[Brad] has expanded my life in ways I never imagined. We built a family. He is not just the love my life, he is my family. I hold that very dear." —Angelina, to Marie Claire
This post was originally published Nov. 6, 2015.
Follow Alexa on Twitter.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com. Minor edits have been made by the Cosmo.ph editors.